7. Lane of Memories...

Rafay slightly glanced at his left side while driving and saw him staring outside the car window, lost in his own deep thoughts, his face mirroring his sorrow…

Toning down the music he tried to draw his attention to him by asking “Is the view outside that interesting?” and focused back on the road.

Simultaneously His voice startled Meer out of his pondering, He raised his brows at Rafay “Huh?! Kuch keh rahe hu?” and straightened himself on the seat.

Rafay shook his head “Kuch khana hai bahar se? Ghar pe abhi khana tayar nahi huga” Rafay glanced at him again but frowned when Meer leaned forward and touched his forehead.

“Are you okay? Healthy diet ka bukhar utar gaya kiya??” He widened his eyes dramatically and asked about him worriedly, being very concerned.

Rafay chuckled, shaking his head “Mere ilawa koi janta bhi nahi huga ky tu kitna bara dramebaaz he” He stretched his arm and ruffled Meer’s hair,

“Ye offer bus aaj ky liye he, as you said you're hungry when we were leaving the hospital, Batao? Roko car kahin?” He glanced at the side view mirror and then at him who shook his head.

“Abhi dil nahi chah raha, but ye offer valid rakhna, I'll eat something good later when I will crave for it” Meer bargained and demanded, “but I will eat what I would like to, you won't have a say in it”

“Iski guarantee me nahi de sakta” Rafay shrugged his shoulders “ Remember not too salty and spicy food, no fried food, not too much sugar, no pasta and no red meat also!” Rafay raised his eyebrow reminding him, Meer made a face.

“Hawa khaa sakta hu? Ya ospe bhi pabandi he?” He side eyed him, Rafay
chuckled “Yeah you can eat that, but wo bhi zyada nahi” and winked at him who was glaring.

Rafay gave him a glance and giggled “Aise kiya ghour raha he? Mene wasiyat ki thi? ky ‘Meer beta Car bilkul is tarah truck se marna k liver ki aisi ki taisi hujae… Or dehan rahy zara sa bhi liver bachna nahi chaiye” Rafay mocked him and poked his elbow in his arm full on teasing him intentionally, as mad Meer is better than quiet Meer.

“Monh bandh rakho apna...Idiot” Meer whacked his arm not too gently, making Rafay wince and rubbed his arm to ease the sting. “Okay boss!” He nodded obediently but smirked again.

“Wese, you're a true businessman, organ bhi woh dhond ky injured kiya he, jiska Doctor ghar me hi mil jaye, fees ka kharcha bach jata hena, I'm proud of you!” Rafay patted his shoulder proudly holding his laugh.

Meer rolled his eyes, took his wallet out of his pants pocket, grabbed a 100 rs note and slammed it on his belly “Keep the change.!” He mentioned generously.

Rafay glanced at the note and burst into laughter shaking his head “For a second I thought tujhe ghairat aa gayi he” and shoved the note in his pocket. “Thank you Sir...”

“Laalchi keetabi keera” Meer jerk his head and signed him to drive. The ride was now not quiet, as Meer was annoyed now and Rafay was pissing him off intentionally the whole time.

Entering the house, Meer held the door for Rafay as he was carrying a bag consisting of their clothes, medicines and some cutlery which they used during the two days stay at the hospital.

Getting in the house Rafay rushed towards the kitchen to check if latif uncle prepares the lunch as he was starving too, but not before instructing Meer to freshen up.

Meer shrugging off his instructions saw peeru sitting on the couch royally ignoring them, he sprinted towards her.

“Hi peeru…” He petted her head and she finally noticed him, stood up, yawning, stretching and sat on his lap, Meer cooed at her.