12. I'll Hold You When Things Go Wrong.

"Get the tests and scans done asap, start the blood transfusion with..." Wheeling the stretcher in, Rafay kept instructing the staff while holding Meer's lifeless hands in a tight grip,

Who was now moving in and out of consciousness, unable to even whimper, being too weak and tired of the pain but trying to focus on his surroundings in confusion.

"Inform Dr fazal, Asap, we may need to do an arterial embolization" entering the room Rafay instructed again, preparing the medicines, one of the nurses left on his command.

He then looked at his brother's fragile body and wiped his flowing tears, pecking his head "everything's gonna be alright, bachay, I'm right here" he whispered to him.

"Sir, Heart rate and breathing is rapid, with..." Nurse informed Rafay, noting the vitals, he nodded, checking his cold and pale skin.

Unbuttoning his shirt Rafay got access to his upper arm, Wiping the area, he injected the first medicine there, making Meer clenched his eyes and jaw in pain with a whimper.

"It's done baby..." Rafay whispered again and a few seconds later pulled the needle out, But repeating the procedure, He injected the second medicine on his other arm too, making him winced weakly, Rafay rubbed his arm to relax him.

All the while the two of the nurses were searching for his veins on the dorsum side of his both hands for the blood transfusions and fluids,

But it was getting difficult as his hands swelled, so he was bearing the pain of multiple pricks in both hands wincing on every prick.

One nurse was helping Rafay in preparing the injections, administering them with him, getting him in the positions and adjusting his clothes.

"What's wrong? Cannula pass kyun nahi hua abhi tak?" Rafay gave a glance to the nurses while wiping a site for an injection in Meer's thigh.

"Sir, swelling bohat he, veins nahi mil rahi" one of the nurses informed him, Rafay handed the injection to another nurse for administering, "Yahan check karein", He himself guided them to his better veiny side of the hand.

After another multiple pricks, the staff finally got the veins and inserted both the cannula simultaneously, making him shut his eyes close in pain.

Securing the cannula with tape, Rafay glanced at him when he heard him groan on the injection "Bus, bus, it's done" He pressed the area of his thigh with cotton when the nurse pulled the needle out.

"Ra..fay" Meer whispered with difficulty when the blood transfusion thick needle hurt his hand, along with the injections Rafay was torturing him with.

"Jee meri jaan?" Rafay coe at him wiping his teary eyes "pain huraha he?" He asked him who nodded with teary eyes.

"liver... se zyada... baqi.. paining" Meer whispered in an incoherent sentence trying to convey the issue, but Rafay chuckled, getting his words.

"Liver side se zyada ab is sab me pain ho raha he?" He repeated his sentence to him who nodded his head with a pout on his lip.

"Abhi theek ho jayega, mera bacha, bus thoda sa aur" he caressed his face with his thumb and pecked his forehead, Rafay couldn't control the urge to peck his brother every now and then when he looked so cute.

Meer sighed sulking when Rafay blinked his eyes caressing his head, as the medicine was kicking in he was getting somewhat better but still the issue was there, the torture he was going through was just a beginning.

"Sir, Dr Fazal aaj hospital nahi aye! We tried to reach him but he's not available." Rafay, who was trying to relax Meer, looked up at the door frowning, where the nurse was standing.