3. Already Dead.!

*************

Rafay blinked his eyes open and turned his head towards Meer who was now sleeping peacefully, he had mixed mild sedatives in the injections he gave to him so Meer fell asleep shortly after that,

Rafay, rubbing his eyes, came on his side and after checking the saline he detached the drip from the IV cannula, capped the iv port back and sighed… He peacefully succeeded in placing the IV last night just because Meer was in deep sleep, or else he would have to force him for that too…

“ Stubborn Idiot ” He whispered, shaking his head, slightly removing the blanket, He lifted his shirt revealing the deep scar under his ribs, Rafay cautiously pressed the area, all the while glancing at him, who was still soundly sleeping.

Gladly the area was not as swell now as it was last night and not painful too or else he would be up by now, Rafay felt relieved… Adjusting his clothes and blanket back he came downstairs.

There were some noises coming from the kitchen, he headed toward it and greeted the person working by the stove “Assalam u Alaikum latif uncle” Rafay sat on the kitchen stool.

“Walaikum Assalam Beta, Ap hospital nahi gye aj?” Latif asked, placing a warm cup of coffee in front of him.

“Oh I really needed that! Thanks ” Rafay exclaimed, grabbing his cup, “Meer ki tabiyat theek nahi hai to me aaj ghar pe hi hu” he informed him and reached for a book laying on the kitchen counter, sipped his coffee, turn down some pages and started reading.

Some minutes later Rafay looked up when someone enters the living area,

“What's that?” He asked the man who's there to manage their household chores, standing with a box in his hand.

“Ye Meer sir ki car me rakha hua tha, sir” He told rafay and put the box down on the table.

Rafay grabbed a spoon and set it as a bookmark on his current page, closed the book and came towards the table. He frowned at the box but his frown turned into a smile when he opened it and took the award out.

“So it's Businessman of the Month, again?” He smirks “Ye gadha sara dimag business me lagata he kiya? Genius Idiot! ” He chuckled

“And just look at the carefree attitude, huh? Car se nikaalne ki zehmat bhi na hui janab se” Rafay shakes his head and looks at his name.

Caressing the wooden part of the award and seeing the area scratched a sad smile crept across his lips, there's nothing new for him to see, Meer gets the awards, certificates and trophies almost every other month but The Malik part in it makes his wound bleed again and he try to scratch off the Malik from it like he's scratching it off from his heart…

Everytime a moment like this brings back every memory, ‘So that's why he was back to the old Meer last night..!? That triggers him again…?’ he can't blame Meer for that, Rafay sighed realizing, and closed his eyes resting his head on the sofa.

One of those lethal moments which broke his brother completely, five years back… came forward…

*****Flashback*****

In a cold hospital room Rafay was sitting beside a bed on the sofa and staring at him, who was lying there covered in bandages and tubes, looking more fragile than ever…