6. I'm trying...

A knock on the door made him look up from the book that the driver bought with Meer’s food and clothes.

He glanced at Meer who was dozing off but the knock disturbed his light slumber, he tried to open his eyes.

“Wait…” Rafay said to the door and stepped toward Meer and patted his head “It's nothing, so jao” he whispered making him sleep again but another knock startled him out of sleep, and made his eyes wide open.

Meer looked at the door with wide eyes full of sleep and visibly shivered on the next knock, Rafay noticed him and rubbed his chest giving silent comfort. “Easy, easy, Let me check”

Rafay stepped towards the door but Meer held his hand “Don't open the door, please” he whispered with his voice cracked at the end. “Rafay.. please”

Rafay tightened the hold on his hand “Mera bacha kuch nahi he, koi staff huga, isky ilawa kisi ko yaha aane ki permission nahi he, calm down” he kissed his knuckles and set his hand besides him.

opening the door he glared at the nurse.
“When I said to wait then why did you knock so many times?” He just got successful in making Meer fall asleep without any sleeping medicine and now he startled him out of sleep.

The Nurse gulped seeing their boss in a protective mood and apologized meekly, Rafay sighed and stood beside Meer and caressed his cheek with thumb, “Relax bachay, I'm right here” he whispered quietly close to his ear, his boy looked spooked.

Nurse followed Rafay towards Meer’s bed and set the tray on the table, Meer jerked his head toward the nurse who was now checking his bp… and looked back at Rafay shaking his head.

Rafay sighed, this is what 5 years ago's Meer was like, scared of human interaction… human touch… is he going back to point zero? Dilawar's entry in his life made him vulnerable again.

Rafay blinked his eyes assuring him and kept caressing his face observing the nurse, who was noting the vitals, when he was done, Rafay took the file from him and glanced at his vitals sighing in relief as they were normal after hours.

Meer was staring at every move of the nurse trying to keep him calm by taking deep breaths but his eyes widened when the nurse grabbed a syringe and cotton from the tray, he shrunk toward his comfort zone “No, stay away” He mumbled.

Rafay looked down at him and put the file aside grabbing his hand, “ I don't want this Rafay, please, tell him to go” Meer pleaded and shivered as the flashes of the event that occurred 5 years back came forward.

Some blurry flashes of him being on the cold floor with blood oozing out of his body, his calls for his baba and the utter silence in reply.

“No.. no I don't want this, help me” He suddenly closed his eyes tightly and whispered, Rafay hugged him quickly before he could work himself into a panic attack again.

“Okay..okay relax, Don't be scared, koi nahi hai yaha, maine bhej diya wapis ose, relax” Rafay rubbed his back and signed the nurse to goes to the small living room attached with Meer’s hospital room, and sighed when Meer relaxed in his hold.

Getting a grip on himself Meer looked up from his embrace and whispered “Tum ne wapas nahi bheja ose, hena” Rafay ruffled his hair and shook his head.

“No, as I know Mera bhai bohat strong he, He knows how to overcome his fears” Meer’s eyes misted “Rafay.. me kese karo? Mujhe dar lag raha he with anyone's presence, sab ko dekh ke lagta hai ky ye os ky aadmi hen” he mumbled.

Rafay bit his lips and wiped his watery eyes “You can do everything Meer, I know thoda mushkil hai, 5 saal ka damage he, aik din me sab theek nahi huga, per chute chute steps to hum le sakte hena?” he smiled at him who was still unsure.