9. The Pain...

Inline comments Target

200 inline comments

******************

“Rafay… please…” His voice cracked, whispering as He dialed the number for the 48th time in these 5 hours but clutched the phone tightly when the person didn't answer the call again.

Slamming the phone on the bed he grabbed his hair in a fist with a gritted jaw… He made a big blunder… He hurt Rafay… he hurt his only brother, the brother who never left his side and what he did?...

Meer let out a frustrated yell clenching his hair, the tears flew out of his bloodshot eyes, he slammed his hands against his mattress and kept hitting it, letting out frustrated growls…being angry at himself … after that day he hated himself again today…

“You don't even deserve him, Meer Malik” He yelled, in the moment of hate he deliberately called himself Malik to hurt himself, so that he could feel the hurt too… “You hurt him who didn't ask anything from you except your well-being… you don't deserve him…” He whispered, clenching his eyes.

He clutched the mobile and stood up, dialing the number he walked closer to his dressing mirror, his eyes locked on the photo frame Rafay set on his dressing. Bringing the phone to his ear he caressed the picture.

The picture that Rafay's father clicked of them, the picture had Rafay glaring at him trying to force-fed him the apple and Meer blocking his mouth with hands pulling himself back from him.

Meer put the phone down when he got the same answer and closed his eyes letting his tears fall.

*********************

A faint distant click of keys and then the door sound brought him out of his light slumber. He didn't realize when he dozed off while sitting on the sofa in the lounge. He sat straight and looked in the direction of the door. It was 4 in the morning, He was waiting for him…

Closing the door Rafay stepped directly  towards the stair not giving a glance at him who stood up and came closer.

“Rafay..” Meer calls out and Rafay stops in his tracks unintentionally. “Kahan thy tum, mene itni calls ki, tum ne aik ka bhi jawab nahi diya…” He said but sighed when he didn't reply.

“Acha ajao, kuch khaa lete hein, mene bhi nahi khaya I was waiting for you, Chalo” He tried to grab his hand, who pulled back.

“Rafay…” Meer whispered.. “Tumhe khana he to khalo mujhe bhook nahi he” Rafay said coldly and forward a step but Meer grabbed his hand.

“Rafay I'm sorry… I'm really sorry, please ” Meer pleaded “Tumhe pata he me idiot hu, kuch bhi karta rehta hu, please Me tumhe hurt nahi karna chahta tha, please…” He looked down, still grabbing his arm.

Rafay gently removed his hold from his arm still not looking at him “kyun sorry keh rahe hu Meer, it's your life, is pe haq bhi sirf tumhara or tumhare apno ka he, me to sirf aik dost hu… you owe me nothing.” He said with an empty face and stepped on the stairs.

Meer closed his still moist eyes on his words but heard him saying …
“And I'm sorry I overreacted, mujhe tumhare documents paadhne nahi chaiye the, I hope wo original nahi the” Rafay apologizes plainly.

“No, I have the copies of..” Meer blurted out innocently but immediately bit his tongue (can't you just shut up, he's already mad) he scolds himself. And peeked a look at Rafay who was staring at him while clenching his lips and nodded.

Meer sighed dejected when Rafay just left to his room without another word… if it were his usual Rafay he would end up getting a tight whack by the time he would finish the sentence.