4. Bit By Bit...

A stray tear that rolled out of his eye startled him out of the past, Rafay sighed and put the award back in its box and closed his eyes again.

That day Meer suffered a severe stroke after the call and his condition even scared the life out of Rafay, he wasn't able to stabilize him no matter what he did… His body was jerking strongly which made his wounds tear open again and his internal injuries worsened.

And after that… he met with a new Meer who no longer wanted to live, who never smiled again, never cooperated with him or any other hospital staff and even tried to attempt suicides.

Taking a deep breath, Rafay stood up and headed towards the kitchen to make something good for his sick baby.

The thing which took him back to the old days, what effects it would have had on Meer… he got the trailer of it last night and he can guess his reaction after he will be awake…

********************

Meer frowned on the uneasy feeling in his body and opened his eyes, blinked it thrice to get a clear vision, he looked around the room but,

His eyes stuck on the door, it was open, a wave of anxiousness rushed inside him, he sat up to close it but winced in pain on the familiar sting, looked towards his hand and closed his eyes in frustration. Rafay and his ways…

He stands up and holds the bed crown right away as the strong rush of dizziness surrounds him, he sighed on the weakness and took cautious steps towards the door, locked it taking a deep breath of relief.

He sat back on the bed and tried to peel the tape off from the cannula to take it out but winced, that was hurting as it was sticking fully, why do they make it look easy in movies and books?

He tried again but then left the struggle and palmed his face taking some deep breaths... Rafay saved him last night again but how will he make him understand that he doesn't want to live anymore… every hour every breath is a struggle for him.

The people who he owned threw him out to suffer because of the crime he never committed. They want to see him dead, he can't forget or forgive them no matter how hard he tries…

Meer clenched his eyes on the humiliation, he remembered each and everything, their hateful eyes, the words that his younger brothers threw at him, He can't erase them from his memory, He was his family, why didn't they trust their own blood …

He wished he could die at the very moment, but he didn't die, he's still not dying, just like life… even death doesn't want him…

He was so lost in his own painful world that when Rafay entered his room he didn't notice.

Rafay frowned upon seeing him sitting on the bed with his face in his palms and breathing slowly, putting the tray on bed. He sat beside him and touched his shoulder but Meer jumped out of his skin, startling on the touch.

“Meer…?” rafay called him who when saw his face, closed his eyes and took a deep breath “Rafay… tum hu…” he sighed in relief.

“Door lock kyun nahi karte ho tum jate hue, Rafay” Meer glared at him who looked back at the door and sighed “Sorry, bhool gaya tha”

“Har baar bhool jate ho” Meer glared at him, sulking and leaned on the bed crown.

Rafay chuckled on his puffed up cheeks and pinched it “To kon aa raha he room me, kyun darta he baby” Meer smacked his hand away, making a face.

“Anyone can enter, itny log huty hen ghar me” Meer sounds dull, Rafay held his hand and tightened the hold “You're the boss here, no one can enter in your room without your or mine permission, so relax… or apny dil se ye dar nikalne ki koshish ker”