15. I Could Feel It In My Veins...

Target

300 inline comments

(As the episode is lengthy)

******************
***6 years ago***

He sighed on the piles of papers in front of him, wearily shut his laptop and rubbed the back of his neck. He was suddenly feeling agitated again.

Meer grabbed a glass of water from his study table and gulped it down but even that didn't make him feel any better, he tightened his fist to control the tremor in his hands but his body started trembling too…

“What's happening again!!!” He whimpered as he got up from his chair but stumbled by the dizziness.

Holding the chair he steady himself then walking to his bed, he plopped on it while breathing heavily and clutched his hair in his hands to stop the pounding headache “Ahh!” He whimpered when the pain intensified.

His body was craving for something but he didn't have any slightest idea what it could be! Sweating profusely and gasping for breath Meer starts searching his cupboard drawer for something, then takes out a packet of sleeping pills.

Gulping down the last three pills the packet had! Meer slumped on his bed laying straight and started breathing heavily to control his anxiety while clenching his fist and bloodshot eyes.

This was happening almost every 2 to 3 days now, he was still clueless about what it is but the sleeping pills always helped lil bit in taming his craving and today the intensity was much stronger. He had an intense desire for something that brings him peace or relief.

He thought it'll be better in some minutes, But the next moment he got up and ran towards the bathroom when his guts twisted and groaned while throwing up harshly, nothing was helping today! not even the sleeping pills…

Shaking vigorously He looked back at his phone on the cupboard to call Rafay and asked him a way out as he can never talk to his baba about this, as right now he himself didn't know what's going on in his body and baba was in an important meeting.

But when he stepped up to his room to grab his phone a strong wave of dizziness overpower him, his body gave up as he collapsed on the floor while gasping for breath, “Uh! koi... hai” he tried to call for help but nothing came out of his throat beside a shaky whisper.

Lying lifelessly on the floor and shivering like a leaf while his every muscle was aching he felt like he would die then and there but a slight relief rushed over him when he saw someone enter in his room.

“Un..cle..” Meer whispered as Dilawar rushed to him and held his head up “Meer? Kia hua hai beta aise kyun giray hue hu zameen pe” he asked, being worried.

“Un.cle.. can't.. brea..the!!..” Meer struggled to whisper and gasp for breath while tears rushed out of his red eyes, he reached for Dilawar's hand and clutched it to feel safe.

Dilawar looked around to think but looked back at Meer when he coughed “Relax! Abhi theek ho jayega himmat rakho!” He said caressing his chest lightly but Meer whimpered in pain.

Dilawar thought for a second then lifted Meer up in his embrace and stood up while holding him in his tight hold. “Wait, Hospital chalte hai beta, everything's fine” he whispered to him and rushed him downstairs, then to his car.

Laying him down on the back seat of his car Dilawar tapped his face when he noticed no movement in him, “Meer? meer.. sun rahe hu mujhe?” He tried to gain his attention but Meer was unconscious.