Chapter no.1 Prologue

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord : 
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••
As the light of the evening sun set across Washington DC, painting the city in hues of orange and gold, the world outside seemed to slow down, embracing the serene beauty of the twilight hour. 

Streets buzzed with the quiet energy of people returning home, the distant laughter of children playing in the parks, and the gentle rustle of leaves in the cool, evening breeze

Yet in a humble apartment, amidst the clutter of a lived-in life, Peter Asher, a man of 25 with a stubby beard, screamed out loud in frustration. 

Defeated for the 50th time by Malenia Blade of Miquella, the words "You Died!" were mockingly plastered across his screen

"Ah! Damn it, there was only a little more to go..." Peter sighed, his voice a mix of irritation and resignation. 

He glanced out of his window, noting the shift from day to night with a sense of surprise. 

"Oh! It's evening already."

The sudden, insistent ring of his phone broke the room's stillness. 

Peter stood up, kicking aside the piles of takeout containers and trash that had accumulated over the week. 

"I should really clean this place," he thought, as he rummaged through his messy bed to find his phone. 

The caller ID displayed 'Mom', and with a sigh, Peter braced himself for the conversation ahead.

"Hello," Peter said, his voice carrying a hint of weariness that he hoped his mother wouldn't detect. 

"Ah! So, how have you been?" his mom's voice came through the phone, warm and filled with the familiar concern that always made Peter feel both comforted and a bit suffocated.

"Fine," he replied, his voice tight.

"That's good, I have sent you this month's allowance," she informed him, her tone light but with an underlying note of responsibility.