Chapter no.11 Delia's Past

As the evening settled in, Delia prepared for bed in the guest house of Daisy's opulent home. Her routine was simple yet comforting - a cup of herbal tea, a few minutes of reading, and then a moment to reflect on the day.

Tonight, however, her thoughts were particularly introspective, drifting towards the recent turn of events.

Sitting by the open window, she savored the cool night breeze, which carried a sense of calm and tranquility. The moon cast a gentle glow, illuminating her face as she gazed out into the night. In this moment of solitude, Delia's mind wandered back to the past.

"My son, a Tier 10," she mused, a mixture of pride and disbelief in her heart. "It's as if God finally looked upon my suffering and fulfilled my wish: May my son live a happy life, unlike mine."

She looked at her reflection in the small mirror on the nightstand, her face illuminated by the moonlight. Her expression was one of deep contemplation, as memories of her own struggles and sacrifices for Ash's sake surfaced.

...

[Flashback]

[20 Years Before Present Day]

[Kingdom of Rota]

In the quaint town of Azure Hill, nestled amid rolling hills and vibrant greenery, life moved at a serene pace. This small, picturesque town, steeped in tradition, revolved around the worship of the God of birth and love - Mew.

The streets were lined with cozy, pastel-colored houses and charming local shops, each adorned with symbols and images of Mew.

The central square boasted a beautiful fountain, often surrounded by townsfolk sharing stories and laughter.

Azure Hill was a place where everyone knew each other's names and stories.

Neighbors greeted each other with warm smiles and friendly nods, and children played freely in the safe, nurturing embrace of the town.

Flower gardens, well-tended and vibrant, adorned the front yards of homes, adding splashes of color to the landscape.

....

At the doctor's office, the atmosphere was tense and filled with disbelief. A family of three sat in the examination room, their expressions a mixture of shock and confusion.

"What?" the sound of shock erupted from the family as the doctor repeated his diagnosis.

"Let me repeat that once more, Mrs. Ketchum," the doctor said with a calm but firm tone. "Your daughter, Delia, is pregnant."

"No," Mrs. Ketchum said, shaking her head in disbelief. "My daughter isn't like that. She has never even been on a date. How could she be pregnant?!"

Mr. Ketchum turned his glare towards Delia, who was looking down at her stomach, equally confused and shocked. "D-Dad?" she uttered, only to be met with a stern look.

The doctor interjected, "Mrs. Ketchum, we've checked multiple times over the past eight hours. Your daughter is indeed pregnant. It's possible she went to a party and... made a mistake."

The doctor's suggestion was met with immediate rejection. "My daughter never goes to any parties," Mrs. Ketchum asserted firmly, her voice laced with frustration.

The doctor sighed, clearly worn out by the back-and-forth. "Look, I understand this is hard to accept. I'll call in a gynecology specialist to examine Delia further."

The parents nodded, still in a state of shock, as the doctor left the room, clearly annoyed by the parents' insistence.

"These parents are in denial, but it's my job to provide care and support, no matter the circumstances," he thought to himself. "I've seen many cases like this. Denial is often the first response. They'll need time to process this."