Chapter no.4 Déjà vu

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord : 
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••
Peter sat in the back row of the bus, his mind racing as he watched a Pidgey flutter past the window.

"I've been isekai-ed," he thought, a phrase he never imagined would apply to him, yet here he was, inside the world of Pokémon.

How was this possible?

"Okay, think, Asher, think. What's the last thing you remember?" Peter furrowed his brow, trying to trace his steps back to the last clear memory he had.

It was him, opening that Pokéball outside the 7-Eleven.

"No way was I brought here because of a... Pokéball," he thought incredulously.

"Was it... Arcus or... Arceus? Yeah, that’s the name of the God of Pokémon."

He puzzled over the mystery, feeling both out of place and oddly chosen.

"But why would Arceus bring me, of all people, to the world of Pokémon and inside the body of Ash Ketchum?"

What in the world is going on?

"But not the Ash Ketchum I remember. This is all wrong, yet so vivid."

He tried to piece together his current situation.

"So, I'm in Viridian City, not Pallet Town. And I'm 19, not 10. This is like some bizarre fanfiction version of Pokémon."

The idea of an exam for a trainer license seemed strange too.

"Since when do you need to take an exam to get a starter Pokémon? What's next, Pokémon tax returns?"

He chuckled dryly to himself.

Looking at his hand, Peter felt an itch, a strange sense of déjà vu, as if scratching the back of his head was something he was meant to do.

Weird.

He looked out of the window again, his thoughts wandering.

"What happened to Ash Ketchum anyway? Is he in my body on Earth? What is happening?"

He sighed, half-expecting, half-hoping for some divine message to pop up, telling him he was supposed to save the world or something.

"Don't be so nervous, Ash," a voice called out, drawing Peter's attention. He turned to see Yellow settling down beside him with a neck pillow.

"Is the journey long?" Peter asked, trying to sound casual.

"I think it's about 6 hours by bus," Yellow shrugged nonchalantly.

Peter's eyes widened in shock, his mind racing.

Six hours by bus?

How the hell is a normal trainer supposed to walk back and forth from there?

He remembered vividly how, in the first episode, Ash Ketchum had taken just a few minutes to get from Pallet Town to Viridian City.

Holy shit, is my knowledge of this world useless? he wondered, feeling more out of his depth than ever.

"Shit," he muttered under his breath, trying to mask his growing anxiety as he noticed Yellow comfortably laying her head on her neck pillow.

Desperate to distract himself from his spiraling thoughts, Peter racked his brain for any topic to focus on other than his bewildering situation.

"So, in this universe, Ash Ketchum has a girlfriend, and it’s not one of the usual suspects—Misty, May, Dawn, or Serena. It's Yellow. Yellow... Why does that ring a bell?" He chuckled quietly to himself.