Chapter no.13 Breakfast

Peter Asher, once a staunch night owl, found himself in a peculiar predicament.

His new body, unlike his old one, seemed wired for the early morning, betraying his lifelong habit of shunning the sunrise.

The morning brought a strange sense of déjà vu, urging him toward exercise, an activity his previous self would have laughed off before rolling back to sleep.

"Yeah, yeah, your memories helped me in the exam, but can this stop already?" Ash grumbled internally, the thought of surrendering to sleep again tempting yet oddly unappealing.

With a heavy sigh, Ash confronted himself.

"You made a vow to be better, yet here you are, still acting the lazy bum," he chastised himself, his words echoing in his mind.

Reluctantly, he slid off the bed, his feet touching the cold floor as he attempted a stretch that felt more like a plea for mercy from his uncooperative muscles.

Deciding against a jog due to his current residence at Daisy's home, Ash opted for push-ups, an exercise he presumed would be simpler, given his body's muscle memory.

What happened next was so awkward and funny, it was like watching a clown show. Ash's body seemed to remember how to do push-ups, but his brain had other ideas. Every time he tried to lower himself down, his arms wobbled and his back sagged, making him look more like he was trying to hug the floor than exercise.

It was as if his muscles were in a tug-of-war with his brain, each with their own plan, and neither winning.

The result was a push-up that was so bad, it was hilarious.

His struggles were soon accompanied by a small giggle, causing Ash to nearly collapse in surprise.

Yellow, snugly bundled up in her bedsheets, struggled to keep her laughter quiet, her eyes twinkling with amusement. Catching her boyfriend's look of mock indignation, she quickly hid under the sheets.

But Ash could still hear the muffled sounds of her giggles escaping from beneath the cozy barrier.

"Do you think hell is this? Waking up and seeing the ground recoil from your sexual advances?" a telepathic voice chimed in.

Ash spun around to find Abra, whose expression remained inscrutable, betraying no sign of whether it was awake or asleep. "Racist," Abra shot back in response to Ash's unvoiced thoughts.

"Fuck off," Ash retorted, his frustration peaking, only to be met by a sharp gasp from Yellow.

"Hey, I can't laugh now?" she protested, her disapproval evident.

"N-Nope, I meant it for Abra," Ash stammered, attempting to navigate the minefield of misunderstanding he'd inadvertently laid.

"And what did sweet Abra do to you, you big bully?" Yellow chided.

Ash, now sweating bullets under Yellow's innocent glare, conceded, "Okay, I'll apologize."

"Bitch," came Abra's telepathic snipe, prompting a fierce glare from Ash.

"Ash," Yellow admonished, her voice a blend of surprise and amusement.

"Let's get something to eat," Ash proposed, eager to escape the escalating tension.

Yellow's mood instantly brightened, her earlier irritation forgotten as she leaped out of bed to get ready.

Abra couldn't resist one last jab: "Start harassing the ground less."

"It's called working out," Ash retorted, rolling his eyes.

"In your case, I call it a lawsuit waiting to happen," Abra said as Ash just ignored the remark and continued with his exercises.