Chapter no.19 Pokemon Master?!

Ash flipped through the pages of the book in his hand, his mind absorbing the words he read silently:

"A Pokémon trainer refers to any individual that has the capability to utilize a Pokémon for a task, with the individual serving as a guide or trainer to the Pokémon. The term 'Pokémon trainer' is a broad category that encompasses every profession in society that deals with Pokémon.

Although many professions, such as doctors who use Pokémon, can technically be called Pokémon trainers, a Pokemon trainer is commonly synonymous with the term 'Pokémon battlers,' due to the sport's popularity and the hands-on approach between Pokémon and humans in training.

Pokémon trainers can be divided into two major categories:

Operational Trainers: Trainers involved in active, hands-on roles that may involve direct engagement with risks, emergencies, or competitive scenarios. Examples include Pokémon rangers, Pokémon battlers, and so forth.

Specialist Trainers: Trainers whose roles are crucial but generally involve less direct risk. These trainers focus on the care, development, and application of Pokémon, such as Pokémon healers, breeders, and others."

"Good to know, now get to the good stuff," Ash thought, eager to uncover more exciting details.

He quickly flipped through the book to the section on Pokémon battlers.

"Fuck that, I'm just going to call it Pokémon trainers," he decided, simplifying the terms to suit his own understanding as he prepared to dive deeper into the content.

Ash paused as he read about Pokémon battlers, or as commonly referred to, Pokémon trainers.

They were essentially athletes registered to participate in the sport of Pokémon battles through the Pokémon League.

"Guess I need to register to the Pokémon League," Ash thought, his curiosity piqued.

"I wonder if this book has a section on what the League actually is?"

He continued reading.

Pokémon battlers were categorized into various classes by the Pokémon League, divided by skill, ability, and performance, all culminating into points awarded by the League known as a battle rating.

A newbie battler who hadn't competed in an official match was given a battle rating of 1000.

This rating could increase or decrease based on their win-loss rate.

The classes were divided as follows:

- Class E or Novice: Below 1200

- Class D or Beginner: 1200 to 1399

- Class C or Intermediate: 1400 to 1599

- Class B or Advanced: 1600 to 1799

- Class A or Expert: 1800 to 1999

- Class S or Gym Leader: 2000 to 2199

- Class Ace Trainer: 2200 to 2399

- Class Elite 4: 2400

- Class Champion: 2500

Ash blinked, feeling a bit overwhelmed. "Okay, that's a lot of information to take in," he sighed.

"Why am I even surprised? It's not like this world was going to be like the anime, which was always vague about stuff that was never brought up. Gym Leader and Ace Trainer—I guess I know how you become one of them. Hmm, I wonder what that means for Brock and Misty. I remember they were Ash's companions in the anime; them being gym leaders, how does that affect me?"