Chapter no.10 Champion's Pressure

Ash, Daisy, and Delia cautiously made their way back, only to be see an increasing number of media vans.

"Holy shit," Ash exclaimed, taken aback by the scene.

"Language," Delia reprimanded gently.

Ash paused, thinking. "Maybe I should just give them the interview? Sneaking around might draw more attention."

"Don't give these people an inch, Ash. Once you give one interview, they'll never stop, and your every move will be under constant scrutiny," Daisy advised firmly.

Ash pursed his lips. "Is being Tier 10 really that big of a deal?"

"Not in itself," Daisy sighed. "It's the expectations that come with it. Every Tier 10 trainer has gone on to become a champion."

"Champion..." Ash echoed nervously. "They expect me to become the future champion of Kanto?"

"Exactly," Daisy said. "And they'll document everything - your first battle, your first loss. Everything becomes a story for them."

Ash visibly gulped. "Have people ever been affected by this pressure?"

Daisy's expression hardened. "All the time. Some don't even want to be trainers, but the media pressure can be overwhelming. They always want to pry into your life because of some damn tabloid."

"They did that to you, didn't they?" Delia asked sympathetically.

Daisy nodded silently. "I was Tier 9. I wanted a different path, but I was pushed into being a trainer. It almost cost me my life."

Delia hugged Daisy. "It must have been hard for you."

"Yeah," Daisy acknowledged. "But I've grown stronger from it."

"You're an amazing woman," Delia said warmly.

"Thank you," Daisy replied, touched by her words.

Ash felt the weight of expectations on his shoulders, a pressure unlike anything he had experienced on Earth. He wanted to be a trainer, but now it felt like an obligation.

Delia sensed his turmoil and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Son, you don't have to be a trainer for anyone but yourself. Don't let them dictate your path. You decide your own journey."

"T-Thanks, M-Mom," Ash stammered, grateful for her reassurance.

Daisy smiled at the heartwarming scene. "You have an amazing mom, Ash."

Delia blushed, rubbing the back of her head. "Well, I try."

"I have an idea on where we can go to escape the mandibuzzes," Daisy said, a plan forming in her mind. "Follow me."

....

The sound of lights flickering filled the air as Delia and Ash stepped into the house, their eyes widening in awe. The house was a display of opulence, with high ceilings, elegant furnishings, and art adorning the walls. Large windows allowed natural light to pour in, illuminating the spacious interior that exuded wealth and comfort.

"Welcome to my home," Daisy said, gesturing around. "I think you two can stay here for the time being and leave when the coast is clear."

"Thank you," Delia replied, her voice tinged with awe as she looked around the lavish house, the likes of which she could never afford.

Meanwhile, Ash was preoccupied with the Pokédex, turning it over in his hands. It resembled a black metal box with a Pokéball logo at the center. "How do you open this thing?" he wondered to himself.

"Oh, it's..." Daisy began to explain, but Ash, acting on instinct, placed his thumb on the Pokéball logo. It glowed, and the box sprang to life, unfolding into a device that resembled a slightly thicker smartphone.