she's beautiful

(One week later)

The bell rang

...Brinnnng!...

"Next week we'll be having an oral quiz. Make sure you study and prepare for it."

"Yes sir," the class responded. The teacher left.

Suzy packed up her books, shoving them into her nice bag which she easily swung over her shoulder.

She joined the unending crowd of students filing out of their various classrooms into the long corridor leading to the exit.

Surely sci- tech class was interesting, Suzy thought to herself, it was a subject that was optional, you had to choose between it and V.O.C.A.B. well she didn't really know much details about the subject only that the students had a special lab where they stayed or something of that sort.

Finally out of the crowded uncomfortable line of students, Suzy was standing outside. The bus should already be here. Except V.O.C.A.B. class was over before hers. Her cousins might have gone without her. She was already used to this. She had to confirm if they had gone without her.

She increased her pace only to run into Jasper.

"Oops sorry." She apologized and was to dash off again but Jasper held her back firmly.

"Hey hey, slow down. You could fall with a speed like that."

" Hi Jasper, but I really have to go or I'll really be stranded here." She explained impatiently. Still trying to see beyond Jasper.

" What is it? , Did you miss something?," He asked staring down at her with worry etched into every line on his face.

"Going to, if you don't let me go now."

Jasper gave her a puzzled look, indicating that she should explain.

"Well if I don't walk fast enough I could get left behind. Understood?," She peered into his face. He understood.

"Now no more questions. It's beginning to seem as if I'm answering one of those sci-tech questions." She scolded and walked off. He followed her.

"Sci - tech? , You do that subject?, You must have a power up brain, that subject is one of the hardest subjects in this school. I had to change from science to art, because of that subject." He explained.

"Wow. Really?," Suzy asked in disbelief.

"The subject is technical though." Suzy agreed with a shrug.

"You can say that again." He concurred.

Both of them stood at the parking lot and glanced around. No sign of the black van she usually went home in with her cousins.

Jasper looked down at her. She was staring into space. He could tell she was thinking but he couldn't guess what.

"Looks like you have been ditched , again."
He said in a light voice, trying to make light of the situation and get Suzy out of her thoughts.

" Let's go." He held her hand.

Suzy looked up at him. Reluctant to move.

" I and Sarah will take you home."

" What?," She asked pretending not to hear him.

"Where's Sarah? ," He asked nobody in particular ignoring her initial jab.

Suzy swallowed hard looking away as years filled her eyes.
This was the third time since that first time they were taking her home.
Jasper was about to dial Sarah when he sighted her trudging out of the school building.
She glanced around momentarily.
Spotting them she began walking down towards them.