Chapter 136

[After a year and a half since their debut, we had an interview with The Dawn, who had a successful year-end stage and received the Discovery of the Year award. Despite their dazzling performances, they still seemed unfamiliar, smiling shyly and repeatedly saying thank you.]

"......Ugh."

The head of the planning team was sitting in the conference room, flipping through a magazine that had quickly published an interview conducted a while ago, with a grim expression on his face.

The team leader, who had been briefly scanning the interview that focused on each member, stopped at a page filled with a picture of Seo Hoyun.

Seo Hoyun, dressed in a dark navy knit that contrasted with his pale skin, was holding a mug as big as his face with both hands and smiling gently.

[The impression that you've been running non-stop for the past year is strong. What's the secret to your success?

Ho-yun: I received a lot of help from the people around me. I'm just grateful to the seniors who paved the way for us.]

At least five people were ruined.

If you could consider the relative rise in popularity after sending several people, not just male idols, but also staff, to hell as 'help', then Seo Hoyun was right.

[It seems like you have a really good 'chemistry' with the members.

Ho-yun: I'm always grateful to the members. We always trust and rely on each other.]

It was more accurate to say that they had given up due to exhaustion from dealing with the crazy bastard.

[What's your goal for the New Year?

Ho-yun: To be with the people I'm grateful for.]

It meant that he didn't want to work with incompetent people.

[What will you be doing in three years?

Hoyun: ...I hope to return to my original intention.

You can be more ambitious. (laughs)

Ho-yun: I'm ambitious enough. (laughs)]

"I wish he would stop looking for his original intention...."

The head of the planning team muttered.

However, the magazine interviewer was either completely smitten with Seo Hoyun's disgusting demeanor, or they wanted to fill the page somehow, as they were full of praise.

[We met Seo Hoyun, who was truly humble and never lost his warm smile throughout the interview. The staff were constantly amazed by his maturity and delicate consideration, which is hard to believe for someone who is only 24.]

...It was indeed amazing.

Just then, Seo Ho-yun entered the conference room and greeted them.

He, who came to discuss the Japanese concept, sat down and skimmed through the proposal once or twice, then licked his lips.

"Wow...."

"......"

"How on earth did this get approved?"

Looking at the guy who was openly complaining without any intention of hiding it, the head of the planning team felt a burning sensation in his stomach.

"Um, Mr. Seo Hoyun, we're a bit short on time...."

"You're out of time?"

"Well, we've started shooting a few dramas recently and there are several movies set to be released around the same time... so a lot of our resources have been diverted to the actors...."

He stuttered out his words, but Seo Hoyun didn't even pretend to listen, shaking the proposal with one hand and sighing deeply.

That expression and pose of Seo Hoyun. The team leader knew it was meant to break his spirit.

And indeed, the team leader's spirit wilted like a weed in a drought.

"Are you out of money?"

"......"

"I mean, our company should have made quite a bit."

"Yes I know, well we're a bit short on manpower...."

"Do I need to help you? You're saying you can't work because you don't have enough people, so I should do idol activities, attend events, record, and now even plan? Should I discuss this with the management team?"

"Damn it."

The team leader quickly hid his trembling fist under the desk. He was really pissed off.

But he couldn't say anything.

Although he was a damn bastard, the feedback he gave after skimming through the proposal once was better than most of the planning team members. Of course, it was better than his own.

'This, this disgusting kid...!'

Why on earth was an idol constantly meddling not only with the planning team but also with the management team and the A&R team?

Usually, they just receive and express a bit of their opinion.

"Sigh......"

Seeing the team leader's face, which seemed to be saying 'it's unfair', Seo Hoyun deliberately let out a big sigh and shook his head. Even without that, the team leader, whose spirit was already broken from the start, cursed inwardly.

'Do you think you're a genius? A prodigy??'

It would have been more plausible to attach such adjectives to guys who were suffering from all sorts of star diseases. The team leader was grinding his teeth, saying that such words could not exist in the dictionary of a person named Seo Hoyun, when the door of the conference room opened.

It was Lee Jihyeon with a sullen face.

"Oh, hello...."

"Hello, Ms. Lee Jihyeon."

Only then did Seo Ho-yun's expression slightly relax.

'Finally, a somewhat useful human has arrived.' Seeing his face, which blatantly expressed this, the team leader gritted his teeth, but Lee Jihyeon just sat down in an empty seat without any reaction.

"I'm sorry, I'm late."

"Her face was filled with frustration.

The members of the planning team, including the team leader who had been rolling around all day, breathed a sigh of relief when they saw Jihyeon.

"Ah... Jihyeon, why are you so late?"

"Hey! Don't do that!"

"You didn't keep the appointment time?"

The team leader, who had been stressed out by Seo Hoyun all this time, seemed to want to vent his frustration on Jihyeon, and the planning team members were even more embarrassed when they saw him throw a remark at her.

"Hey!! Don't do this in front of Seo Hoyun!"

Seo Hohyun is the only person in the planning team who is recognized by Jihyeon!

However, Jihyeon just nodded her head calmly. She was the type of person who would turn on the charm and say, "Ah~, yes~, I'm really sorry," but she just kept her mouth shut, probably because she was exhausted from endless overtime.

Seo Hohyun glanced at her and twitched his eyebrows slightly.

"......"

He let it go.

"......Hm??"

"If you're just going to fill the numbers without solving anything, you don't have to come even if you come early." With a smile and a sarcastic tone that was different from his usual self, the team leader hesitated.

"What's going on?"

"Well, anyway, please take care of the Japanese matter."

"......"

"Well, please."

"Can you find the data for the photos we took last summer? I want to do a thorough analysis."

"......Suddenly?"

But for now, Seo Hoyun had no choice but to pretend to search for the matter that he blurted out.

That dirty-minded brat acted like that even in front of the CEO, and for some reason, the CEO found Seo Hohyun difficult to handle as well.

"Well, it's okay to do it when you have time."

"...I'll try to find it."

"Yes, thank you."

Seo Ho-yoon didn't even give Jihyeon a glance and just nodded his head before leaving the meeting room.

"Good job."

"Yes."