Chapter 176 [ Side Story]

"Great!"

Fourteen-year-old Seo Hojin began jotting down today's tasks.

[January 30th

Finish math homework

Preview middle school 3rd grade curriculum

Wish brother a happy birthday!!]

He paused for a moment, pursing his lips.

His brother would surely be late again today, busy with tutoring or something.

Glancing at his notes, Seo Hojin got up, tucked money into his pocket, put on his padding, and headed out the door.

But soon enough, someone called out to him.

"Hey! You!"

He often encountered people he vaguely recognized on the street, mostly girls who knew Seo Hoyin.

"You're Seo Hoyun's brother, right?"

"Yes."

Seo Hojin scrutinized the person before him with narrowed eyes.

"Wow, you look just like when I briefly saw you a few years ago. Don't kids usually grow up fast? Or are they all different?"

Her words hit Seo Hojin's complex head-on.

"I'm Hoyun's high school classmate. Remember me?"

"What do you want?"

"Wow, look at that attitude. You really are Seo Hoyun's brother."

She squatted down, smiling at Seo Hojin.

"Tell him to contact me. Why isn't he answering?"

"Maybe he doesn't want to."

"Really, the genes don't lie."

As Seo Hojin retorted curtly, the girl looked awkward. Nevertheless, she forcefully pressed 20,000 won into his hand.

"Here, it's a bribe. Go buy something delicious for your brother, and tell him to contact me."

"...."

"Oh, forget it. Just tell him I miss him."

Seo Hojin hesitated at the sight of the money.

He was already short on cash, so it was a dilemma.

Seeing his hesitation, the girl maliciously chuckled and tapped Seo Hojin's hand with the money.

"Come on, take it quickly."

"...."

"It's cold today, so be careful on your way back."

Seo Hojin grabbed the girl's arm as she walked away to her friends.

Then, almost throwing the money, he turned and ran towards his original destination, ignoring the voices calling out to him from behind.

A similar incident had occurred before, and he had been scolded by his brother for accepting money recklessly from strangers.

Moreover, now that he was a bit older, he knew better than to accept things from people so easily.

"Sigh, sigh..."

Turning into the alley, Seo Hojin caught his breath as he slowed his pace when the path to the park came into view.

His brother, Seo Hoyun, was always a local celebrity.

He was handsome and popular among his peers, and he excelled in studies, earning praise from parents. He reached his peak when he passed the university entrance exam.