Chapter 145

Shit.

Without realizing it, I lowered my gaze. Then I saw my trembling hands gripping the sink.

He's back, when did he sneak in?

Even in moments like this, my mind was habitually making judgments about the situation.

Did Kang Ichae see the blood? Yes, he did.

Is there any excuse? No, there isn't.

If I honestly say it's because of the system penalty? The number of hospital visits will just increase.

Hitting someone on the head to make him lose memory? Maybe dying would be faster.

No matter what I do, I'll just look like a crazy person...

I felt a sharp sting at the back of my head.

Thinking I should say something to lighten the mood, I flashed the sink and opened my mouth.

"Ichae, first..."

At that moment, Kang Ichae came down from the door and entered the bathroom.

The sound of slippers touching the wet floor made my ears twitch.

As I stopped talking and whether Kang Ichae looked at me or not, he went to the toilet, checked the contents, and then firmly pressed the lever.

Flush...

"...".

After the sound of water draining, silence lingered.

It was clear he intentionally interrupted me.

"There are a few things I want to check before calling the ambulance."

Kang Ichae's eyes shifted from the toilet to the sink and then to me.

'What should I do about this?'

Of course his smile disappeared, and although he pretended to be calm, his eyes flickered.

Seeing a member in pain, I thought he might fuss, but I didn't expect him to get this angry.

'Did I touch a nerve?'

Usually full of jokes and banter, seeing someone who never lowered his mouth corners act like this made me slightly nervous.

"Did you catch a serious Illness, those that cannot be cured?"

"...No."

"Then, did you get traumatized at the hospital?"

"...No, nothing like that."

"Then why?"

Kang Ichae raised an eyebrow, locking eyes with me.

"Why are you stuck here right now?"

Red lights flashed in my mind, signaling danger.

I quickly tried to add more words to divert Kang Ichae's thoughts.

"Ichae, wait... ehem. Just a moment."

At that moment, a cough erupted, and the blood I had been holding in my mouth sprayed out. The atmosphere in the bathroom became even more grim.

"That's not, what you think..."

Closing my eyes tightly, I finished organizing the situation.

Since I was already caught, there was no decent excuse, and delaying any longer would only make it worse. In this situation, it seemed best to talk my way out as smoothly as possible, making it seem like nothing serious happened.