Last Night As A Family

It was late afternoon when Larry came to the museum for a visit, only to see a lot of crates full of some of his exhibit friends inside. It wasn't long before Dr McPhee came to the scene. Dr McPhee: "Hey, the museum's closed right now... oh it's you, haven't seen you for months." Larry: "Yeah... I've been busy... what's going on here?" Dr McPhee: "Isn't it obvious?, some of the exhibits here are getting replaced with hologram projectors." said the curator, before showing Larry a big device that shows a hologram of Theodore Roosevelt, telling them of his history. Larry: "Who's idea was this?" Dr McPhee: "Mine... and the board, as for the wax figures, miniature and stuffed monkey, they're being shipped to the federal archives." Larry: "Where's that?" Dr McPhee: "Washington DC, the Smithsonian." Larry: "There's gotta be something we can do." Dr McPhee: "It's too late, and it's done, they'll leave in the morning." said the curator, before he leaves the scene. An hour later, it was become night time, and the Tablet's magic has come on, bringing everything in the museum to life. Larry then sees Rexy looking at the bag that the former night guard had. Larry: "Hey big guy, I got something for ya." said Larry, before he pulls out what looked like a big dog rope, and takes a hold on one end while Rexy used his mouth on the other. It has become a tug of war for a moment, before Rexy sends Larry flying until he stops in midair with a pink glow. Turns out that it was Gidget, who has come to the museum with the other kids, was using her psychic powers to soften Larry's landing. Gidget: "Hey Larry, it's been a while." Larry: "Hey, Gidget, nice to see ya too." said Larry, before the exhibits in the crates came out and see that Larry has come back. It wasn't long before Ahkmenrah and Boney 10 came to the scene. Ahkmenrah: "The old guardian of the museum has returned." Larry: "Yeah, McPhee what was going on, I had no idea that you guys were gonna be shipped to the Smithsonian." Theodore: "Yes... things have changes since you left." Sacagawea: "Yes, ever since you left, the people of the museum were not interested in seeing us anymore, so they're sending us away." Tommy: "Didn't Cecil and the other old guards tried something?" Theodore: "I doubt anyone would believe them about us coming to life at night." Easter Island Head: "Noun noun, Dumb Dumb." Laaa: "Uh huh, Noun... and me want to stay..." Larry: "Don't worry, I'll talk to the board in the morning." Jedediah: "Oh come on Gigantor, it's too late to do anything about it now, they're already getting ready to ship us out." Octavius: "And once we do... and without the Tablet... this night is our last..." Larry: "Wait... the Tablet is not going with ya?" Theodore: "Well you see... Ahkmenrah, his Tablet, me, Rexy and a few of the other signature exhibits will be staying here... for now..." Tommy: "Oh no..." Gidget: "That can't be..." Jokey: "But that means... you and Sacagawea will be apart... forever..." Theodore: "I fear to tell you this... but yes, that seems to be the case..." Jokeo: "Oh Teddy... we're so sorry..." Theodore: "Well... due to that, I must spend as much time as I can with my love tonight..." Gidget: "That might be a good idea... enjoy her company while you can..." said Gidget, before Theodore gives Sacagawea a ride with him on his horse and went off to who knows where in the museum. Hours later, just a few moments before sunrise, all of the exhibits returned to either their places or crates. Theodore: "Safe journey, my dear..." Sacagawea: "Take care now..." said Sacagawea, before she went into her crate, while Theodore went to his place. Larry: "Teddy... I'm sorry that this had to happen... really..." Theodore: "Yeah, but at least you have a bright future now, I mean you have a company and everything... and yet... you don't seemed to be all that happy... are you?" Larry: "Well... it's a lot of work, but it's a living." Theodore: "Maybe... but let me give you one piece of advice... the true key to happiness is... oh... the sun... good day..." Larry: "Wait, Teddy!" but it was too late, the sun has come up, and Teddy was back to being a normal wax figure again. Soon, a storage truck came and collected the exhibits into a shipping container and drove away, with Larry and the kids watching. Tommy: "I can't believe this had happened..." Larry: "Yeah... me neither..." said Larry, who felt sad and guilty about seeing some of his museum friends being taken away.