1 Cold Blood Monster

Part 1 Cold Blood Monster

Ooty is the short form of Udhagamandalam, located in Nilgiris district, Tamil Nadu in South India. It's popularly known as the Queen of Hill stations, adorned with beautiful mountains, lakes, gardens, and forests all around. Because of its high altitude, the temperature is generally lower than the surrounding plains. Sky-high mountains, greenish tea plantations, colorful flowers, and slanting roads, all are its specialties. Tamil is the official language of Ooty. It's one of the most frequented destinations in the country, especially to the HONEYMOON couples. Its name itself is enough to feel the chillness. Its beauty is the main attraction.

But now... we could see something opposite to its nature. It was the next day to FULLMOON day morning 11 am, yet, there was no sunlight but only mist. People in sweaters and mufflers, gossip with one another, inside the forest range. A few of them were tourists. There was a dead body near the misty lake. The police were examining the body. There was confusion on the inspector's face. It seemed a dangerous animal attacked the man but they could not conclude which animal attacked him. The body was taken to the postmortem. The crowd adjourned talking about the murder.

After a few weeks

Beryl College of Arts and Science

The computer professor entered the M.Sc. Computer Science, second-year classroom. Students stood up and wished him,

"Good morning, sir"

"Good morning, students. How was your vacation?"

"Super cool sir..." students said.

"Too hot, sir" a guy said differently.

"Hot in Ooty?" the professor frowned.

"I went to Chennai, Sir"

"Are you mad? Who would go to Chennai in the summer leaving the pleasant climate of Ooty?"

"I went, sir," he said sadly.

"Why did you go to Chennai?"

"To meet my cousins, sir"

"Instead of going to Chennai, why didn't you bring them here?"

"I did that last year, sir and still regretting"

"Why?"

"They are not just my cousins but a troop of monkeys, sir. I'm not ready to take risks this year. So, I got ready to bear the hotness of Chennai..."

"And, you became one among those monkeys?"

The guys grinned and other students laughed.

"I never heard such a bad vacation story" the professor huffed and the class filled with laughter.

That was when the attention of the whole class went to the entrance of the classroom, as the sudden flash of light hit them. There were different expressions on the students' faces. Some frowned, some raised their brows, some opened their mouths and some forgot their existence. A beautiful girl was standing at the entrance asking for the professor's permission to enter.

"Yes...?" the professor asked.

The girl came inside and gave him a paper. Taking it from her hand, the professor read it. The girl ran her eyes on the students who were clearly visible to her due to the stepped seating.

"Wow... how beautiful she is..."

"How fair she is...!"

"Has not she ever gone in the sunlight in her life?"

"Is not she looking thin?"

"How her skin is so shining?"

Students murmured with others about the girl.