11 Diabolical Side

Part 11 Diabolical Side

The next morning

Arnav was having breakfast. Ratna came there and kept TWO Tiffin boxes on the table. Arnav saw that and said nothing. He continued eating. She waited for him to complete eating. Arnav washed his hands and took the boxes to keep them in his bag.

"You may feel hungry... that's why I gave you two boxes," Ratna said.

Arnav looked at her with a plain expression.

"Whatever you want, I will give you," she said.

Arnav gulped down and left the house.

Beryl College

Arnav entered the college, searching for Khushi, even though he knew she would be later than him. He came and sat in his place. He was a little nervous about his LIES. He didn't know what Khushi would ask him.

As usual, she came with a smile. Arnav swiftly looked at the book in his hand as if he didn't notice her. She advanced Arnav and sat next to him. Keeping her knuckle under her cheek, she looked at him smiling, making his condition awkward. He slowly looked at her.

"Thanks..." She said smiling.

Arnav looked at her firmly.

"I thought you accepted me as your friend ONLY because your mom asked you to... but she said she didn't say so and you would do anything OLNY if you want it. I'm so glad about it. It's because you accepted me as your friend not because your mother completed you but because you wanted it"

Arnav didn't know what to say. She was indeed unpredictable. Her point of view was different. She was not a girl to create unnecessary scenes.

"Actually... I thought..."

"You no need to give explanations. I'm happy you are my friend. You know what, my days were so enjoyable until I was behind you. I was so fed up when I stopped talking to you. I don't like anything. It felt like, my life became barren in a single day you know."

"I didn't lie intentionally"

"I like it because you lied for me"

Arnav smiled.

"Do you like me?" She asked an unexpected question making Arnav stuck.

He didn't know what to answer.

"I like you very much... You are pretty good with a rigid face. Yet, handsome but rude..." She laughed.

Arnav smiled.

That was when Professor Rajesh came with a circular.

"I have happy news for all of you"

"What's that, Sir?" Students asked.

"Tomorrow is a local holiday due to the Amman (DM) temple festival"

Everyone tapped the desk to let out their happiness, whereas Arnav and Khushi became sad.

"Oh, noooo... I don't want a leave..." Khushi pouted.

Arnav looked at her.

"It's very boring to be at home alone..." She kept her hand on her head, feeling sad.

Arnav was silent. He never felt boring to be at home before but now, because of Khushi, he too didn't want their college to be a holiday.

"Shall we go somewhere tomorrow?" She asked.

Arnav was surprised.

"I'm new to Ooty. I have not enjoyed it yet and my father will never take me for a tour. Will you take me?