27 The Girl

Part 27 The Girl

"Why did you go there, Khushi? Didn't I ask you to go to your room?" Arnav asked Khushi.

"I went to my room, Vedika came to my room and said you are waiting for me"

"Vedika?" he frowned.

She nodded yes.

"Don't you know I won't talk to her? How did you trust her words?"

"I know you won't talk to her... that's why I could not ignore. I thought something should be important..."

"Didn't I say she is a cunning woman?"

Khushi nodded yes.

"Did you break Parthiban's iPhone?"

Arnav looked down. She lifted his chin.

"Did they capture my low-cut neck?"

Arnav averted his gaze.

"Why do you get angry to this extent when it comes to me?"

"It's because it's about you"

She leaned on his shoulder.

"I'm feeling blessed to have you in my life, Arnie"

Arnav closed his eyes. He knew she wouldn't be in the same mindset if she got to know the truth...!

After a while,

Shashi came home and saw Arnav feeding lunch to Khushi. He stood up to see Shashi.

"Oh... uncle, Khushi was not ready to eat... that's why..." he hesitated.

Shashi nodded his head. He sat with them. Taking the plate, Khushi ate.

"Khushi, I had never seen such a friend like Arnav"

Khushi smiled at Arnav.

"You know the guys who messed up with you are in the hospital struggling for their life... they could not walk for the next two months... I can imagine how he would have hit them. I didn't know a storm was residing inside this naïve guy"

Arnav was embarrassed.

"They deserve it," Khushi said furiously.

Shashi smiled and asked,

"Have you had lunch, Arnav?"

Arnav nodded no.

"What friend you are, Khushi? Make him eat"

Khushi nodded ok.

"I will just come changing" Shashi left the place.

Khushi extended the spoonful of rice toward his mouth. Arnav looked at her perplexed. She nodded her head like, EAT. Arnav had it not wanting to disappoint her. Khushi smiled. After eating,

"I'm leaving... we will go to the Botanical Garden tomorrow"

Khushi nodded ok sadly.

"Bye..."

"Bye..."

Arnav left.

Night

Khushi was leaning on the bed, closing her eyes. She could not come out of the incident. Tears rolled down her cheek. Taking her phone, she called Arnav. He attended the call in the first ring. It seemed he was waiting for her call.

"Khushi... are you all right?"

"Why didn't you call me after reaching home?" She asked in a low tone.