20 Superpower

Part 20 Superpower

Arnav reached the place covering twenty feet distance in the blink of an eye and clutched the snake in his hand. Khushi looked at him not coming out of the shock. Her heart almost stopped to see the snake close to her. She stood like a statue seeing him throwing the snake away. She looked at the snake that fell on a bush and then at Arnav. He came to Khushi who was looking at him with a horrified expression.

"Khushi, are you all right?"

"Mmm..." her voice trembled.

"Sit..." he looked at the cement bench. Khushi sat on it.

Arnav knew she was still in shock. Her hands shivered.

"Relax... it's gone"

She fearfully looked at the bush in which the snake fell.

"This is why I didn't want to bring you here in the night time"

She closed her face with her shivering hands. He so wanted to soothe her by clutching her hands. She looked at him and extended her hands. Arnav nodded his hand like, what?

"Could you hold my hands?" She asked restlessly.

Arnav was dumbfounded. Did she read his mind?

"If my father had been here, he would have hugged me to soothe me... I could not expect it from you"

Arnav was stunned. Not that she wanted him to soothe her. It was because she wanted him to be at her father's place. He held her hands together in between his palms gulping down. Khushi slowly closed her eyes. He sensed the shiver reducing. Did he really have the ability to make her cool? He wondered.

Khushi opened her eyes.

"How did you reach the place so quickly...? In the blink of an eye? It looked magic to me... I don't think even an Olympic gold medallist could be as fast as you. I just looked at the snake and the next second you reached me...How?"

Arnav suffocated to answer. He didn't know what EXCUSE he could give because he knew none of his answers would be acceptable.

"I read that if we are under pressure or in shock, we will act ten times faster than our real self... unknowingly...! Just like we run fast without realizing it when the dog chases us...!"

Arnav huffed in relief inwardly but her next stance made him nervous.

"But, your fast didn't seem the same... it was something unbelievable. I think you have a superpower. Did you ever realize it?"

"Nothing is like that"

"No, Arnie... when you hit the boys in the Botanical Garden, you uprooted a tree that was four feet high...! Will you say it's a simple thing? I can't even uproot this small plant" She showed a random plant that was half a foot.

Arnav made up himself and looked at her plainly.

"I saw such a scene on the Mahabharata serial. Bheem uproots the tree, just like you did. He was extremely powerful in the entire series. The scene describes how powerful he is... you are the same. You don't know your power; I suppose"

"Khushi, I would become aggressive if I get angry and do such unbelievable things..."

"But you were not angry a few minutes ago..."

"I was shocked and nervous..."

"Why?"

Arnav frowned.

"What do you mean why? Won't I be shocked seeing you being close to the snake?"

"What would you have done if the snake had bitten me?"