19 Blink of the eye...

Part 19 Blink of the eye...

"Dad, I won't ask you to trust Arnav but me... don't you trust me?"

"I do... I know whatever you do will be right and you will not make any decision being emotionally dominant."

"Thank you, Dad..." she smiled.

"Don't be up for the whole night. Let them sleep. Tomorrow is Sunday. You can study tomorrow"

"Ok, dad..."

"Good night"

Khushi came out of the room and saw Arvind and Ratna there. She smiled inwardly. Ratna was reading a book and Arvind was checking his mobile. She came to Arnav and they continued their studies.

After a while,

"Aunty, why are you sitting? Are not you sleepy?" Khushi asked.

"No beta... we usually sleep late"

Arnav didn't react as it was not a lie but Ratna would be up only if she had to wait for Arvind. She would not be up after Arvind reached home. Then why today?

Khushi felt Ratna controlling her sleep. So, she closed her book and said,

"Arnav, I'm sleepy... shall we study the remaining tomorrow?"

Arnav nodded ok.

"Khushi, you come to my room and sleep with me," Ratna said.

"What about uncle? Where will he sleep if I sleep in your room?"

Khushi was not wondered.

"I will sleep on the couch, beta. I used to it" Arvind said.

Arnav looked at them sternly because he knew why they wanted Khushi to be with them. He went to his room said nothing and closed the door.

"Aunty, I would like to sleep in the curtained bed that's in the guestroom..." She said hesitating.

"Ratna, do one thing, I will put the couch in the room, and you sleep there with Khushi"

"But, why uncle? I will be fine alone..."

"No, beta... this is a new place. Looks like a forest... you may get scared if you hear a weird sound..."

"What kind of sound?"

"No no... don't be scared... I just said..."

Khushi nodded ok. She helped Arvind to shift the couch to the guest room. Ratna settled down on the couch, whereas Khushi took the bed.

Khushi noticed something in their house. There were CHIMNEYS in Ratna's room as well as the living room, except for Arnav's room. Even the guest room had a Fireplace that was essentially in winter as it was a cold region. Then why didn't Arnav's room have one?

"Aunty..."

"Haan, beta?"

"I see a chimney in your room and the living room. Even this unused room has a Fireplace. Why doesn't Arnav's room have any? What will he do in the winter?"

Ratna got stuck. She didn't know what to say. Could she say Arnav didn't need them because chillness would not affect him?

"Will he sleep in the living room?"

"Haan, beta... as our house already has three chimneys, he said he would adjust..."

"Oh... but Ooty is so cool, aunty..."

"This is a normal season. That's why the chill is pleasant. You can't keep your feet on the ground in December, you know..."

"Is it?"