3 Neither Passive nor Aggressive

Part 3 Neither Passive nor Aggressive

Khushi was horrified to see Arnav standing in front of her. How did he reach the place before she reached there? She gulped down hard. She didn't know what he was going to do. Would he beat her for snatching his bag? She nervously looked at her surroundings.

He came towards her. Khushi stood hugging his bag, palming her cheeks, in the process of saving them from Arnav's slap. He stood in front of her looking at her sharply.

"How did you come here so fast than me?" she asked stammering.

He didn't answer.

"You should have come through the shortcut, taking a lift... right?"

No answer, but she was half right and half wrong. He came there through the shortcut but did not get a lift.

"How do you know my house? (she stopped and hit her forehead) Haan... everybody knows the SP bungalow..." she sighed.

He extended his hand, asking for her bag, with no expression on his face as usual.

"Should I give it to you? Don't I have any other choice?" she asked raising her brows.

He stood with a sharp gaze, extending his hand. She gave his bag with no choice. He took the bag from her hand and turned to leave. That wondered Khushi. Neither did he hit her nor did he scold her.

"Hey, don't you beat me for snatching your bag?" she asked could not help.

He looked at her frowning. She gestured like slapping her own cheek, flipping her lip.

Arnav saw a bus coming. It was his route bus. He boarded the running bus. He didn't even look at her. Khushi was looking at the bus blankly with a lot of questions.

What kind of guy he was? Students called him Cold Blood Monster...! She snatched his bag. He reached the place before she reached her house but neither had he scolded her nor did he get angry with her. How could he always maintain the same expression on his face? Of course, he was not passive. At the same time, it didn't seem he was an aggressive guy... definitely not a cold-blood monster. She thought.

She walked to the SP Bungalow. She saw their things from Chennai arrived. Servants were opening the cardboard boxes and removing the things from them to arrange them. She saw someone removing a photo from a particular box. Her eyes tear up immediately and she ran to him. She snatched the photo from him and hugged it spilling tears. It was her grandmother's photo.

Shashi, who entered the house, saw that and closed his eyes. He came home urgently only to hide the photo before Khushi saw that but he was late. He came to her. Khushi looked at him raising her head. Seeing Shashi, she threw herself at him. Shashi tapped her shoulder sadly.

"Khushi, relax... it would be best if you accepted the truth that she is no more. No matter who isn't with us, life will go on. You are a clever girl. Try to understand the reality, beta. Adopt the reality"

Khushi broke the hug and wiped her cheek. Shashi took the photo from her hand and kept it in the same box.

"Keep the box in the storeroom..." he ordered the servants.

"Yes, sir"

Two of them lifted the box. Shashi gestured for them to keep it beyond Khushi's reach. They nodded ok and took it to the store room. They kept it in the loft.

"Go beta, get fresh. We will have tea"

Khushi went to her room.

Shashi felt bad for his daughter. The place his mother occupied in his daughter's life was unimaginable. She was the most indispensable and longest chapter in Khushi's life book. That was why she could not forget her grandmother. In addition, she died of a sudden heart attack...! It was her first attack. Khushi was lying on her lap. She fed Khushi lunch talking about something and laughing. Suddenly, Khushi felt her not moving. She saw her leaning on the wall without a movement. Khushi tapped her cheek nervously. She slid on the floor lifelessly. Khushi was looking at her with indefinable shock. She could not understand anything for a while. She could not believe her grandmother died. How could she believe the woman who fed her food a few seconds ago was no more? She was staring at her grandmother blankly. She felt choking but she could not cry...! She went into depression. That was why she could not concentrate on her studies. She became irregular in college. She passed the first year exam with JUST PASS MARKS.