23 Full Moon Day

Part 23 Full Moon Day

Parthiban got into the action without wasting time. He called his man to his college. When Arnav came out of the college, Parthiban showed him to his man.

"Rakesh, he is Arnav. Follow him and get to know his whereabouts. Be careful. He should not see you"

Rakesh nodded ok. He waited for Arnav to get into the bus and followed him on his bike. When Arnav got down from the bus, he stopped his bike and followed him keeping a long distance between them as it was a small pathway and they were no one other than them.

He wondered seeing the lonely house that was far away from the nearby village. He shared the location with Parthiban and called him.

"His house is nearly two kilometers away from the nearby village. It's half a kilo meter distance to his house form the main gate. I'm standing there only. There is no one around. We could finish him and bury his body in the daytime too... no one would get to know about it"

"Is it?"

"Yes... if you send our guys in the night... we will finish his chapter noiselessly..."

"We should not be careless. His father is an inspector. We should keep it in our mind"

"Oh..."

"You stay there hiding. Tell me when his parents leave the house"

"Whaat? Staying here? There are no shops nearby. What will I do if I'm hungry?"

"I will send you dinner with our guys"

"Please don't forget"

"Mmm," Parthiban disconnected the call.

Rakesh waited, hiding himself well. It was not hard for him. There were many big size trees and bushes around. He went in the opposite direction and sat behind a tree, watching Arnav's house.

It started getting dark. Arnav's house lights were switched on. Rakesh started feeling cold. He waited for Arnav's parents to leave the house. Then only he could call Parthiban. Then only he would send him dinner.

It was 6:30 pm. Ratna and Arvind came out of the house, switching all the lights off and locked the door from outside. Rakesh who was watching them from far frowned.

"Is not Arnav there in the house? Then why are they locking the door from the outside?" He asked himself confusingly.

He doubted for a second whether Arnav was inside or not. He nodded his head from left to right.

"No... he is inside only. There is only one way to their house and Arnav didn't come out of the house after he went in. He must be inside... then why did they lock the door? Is he sleeping?"

He slowly came to the house without making a noise. There was no trace of Arnav's existence in the house. All the lights were switched off. There was a pin-drop silence in the house. He didn't know whether he should call Parthiban or not. What was the use of calling them if Arnav was not at home? Did he miss noticing Arnav going outside? He was scratching his head. Parthiban was going to kill him for missing Arnav.

Rakesh sat on the wooden steps of the house wearily, not knowing what to do.

The MOON appeared in the sky. Rakesh looked at the moon and smiled. The FULL MOON could make anyone admire it... even a Rowdy...! It looked pleasant in between slowly swaying trees. The chilling breeze made it more beautiful.

Suddenly, Rakesh felt a vibration under his feet hearing a weird snarl. Slowly, the sound increased and changed into something. It sounded like a vicious angry growl that froze his blood. He jumped on his feet fearfully. There was no single light in the surroundings, except the moonlight. The moon that looked pleasant a few minutes ago looked scary to him now.