22 Revenge?

Part 22 Revenge?

Arnav came home, keeping the cup and medals in his bag. He didn't want to show them to his parents. He didn't want to give them hope about Khushi. They would exaggerate things limitlessly. He kept the lunch boxes on the table and walked to his room. He locked the door and kept the cup and medals in his cupboard.

Getting fresh, he prepared for the upcoming exams. They just had two days for the exams and that day went into the sports day celebrations. The exams were going to start the day after tomorrow.

That was when he got a call from Khushi. He attended it smiling.

"What are you doing?"

"Studying"

"Didn't you show the cup to Aunty?"

"I told you what will happen if I show them"

"You told me you already started doing things that's not your cup of tea... so it this. What's the big deal?"

Arnav closed his eyes. He didn't know how to tell her about his condition.

"Arnie, we don't know what will happen tomorrow. Nothing is constant in this world. So, live this moment. Don't mind about tomorrow"

Arnav was silent.

"Are you there?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Show the cup to your parents"

"Mmm"

"Is it? Don't you have a problem?"

"Even though I have a problem I will do it as you say"

Khushi smiled brightly.

"Do you like me to that extent?" She asked excitedly.

Arnav closed his eyes and said,

"I RESPECT you to that extent,"

Khushi pouted. She knew Arnav had a special feeling for her but she didn't know why he was intentionally avoiding admitting it.

"OK, will see you tomorrow"

Arnav sensed disappointment in her tone.

"Bye," she disconnected the call.

Arnav sighed. He didn't know how was he going to handle this.

Taking the cup, medals, and certificates, he came out of the room. Ratna was watching TV. He came to her and kept them on the tea table. Ratna looked at him wondering. She took the certificates and gave them a look. She stood up from the couch.

"Chotte... did you participate in the sports events?" she asked unbelievably with excitement.

Arnav nodded yes.

"But... how did it happen?"

"A guy challenged everyone that there is no MAN in our college to beat him... so, I participated"

Ratna was stunned. Did he participate just because someone challenged him? She didn't believe it because she knew her son. He would not give heed to such blabbers. She understood SOMEONE should be behind his participation. Yet, she didn't ask him anything regarding it. She kissed his forehead and smiled.

"I'm so happy... be like this, Chotte...! Let your future be like anything... enjoy your life..."

Arnav gulped down hard.

"Wait, I will bring sweets to celebrate this happiness"

Ratna was about to go to the kitchen, but she stopped hearing,