18 As a father...

Part 18 As a father...

Arnav and Khushi were shocked to see Ratna fainted. In no time Arnav lifted her in his arms and, ran to her room.

Khushi stood looking at his action awestruck. How easily he lifted his mother...! He not only lifted her but also RAN, taking her. Ratna was not a bulk woman. At the same time, she was not thin though. It was not easy to lift her alone. Arnav was seemingly naïve, but he was not. He had a super strength. That was why he uprooted the four-foot-high tree that day when he fought with the guys in the Botanical garden. She thought.

She followed Arnav to Ratna's room to find out why she fainted.

Arnav sprinkled water on her face. Ratna opened her eyes slowly and sat on the bed.

"What happened to you, aunty?"

"Suddenly, everything went dark..." she lied, and Arnav knew that.

"Did you have lunch?" Khushi asked.

Ratna caught the point and nodded no. That was also a lie because she didn't want Khushi to think differently.

"That's why you fainted..." Khushi said.

Ratna nodded yes.

"Do you know what I thought?"

Ratna looked at her like, What?

"I thought you were shocked knowing your Chotte's decision of bringing me here," She laughed.

Ratna was suffocated. That was the real reason for her to faint. Why did not she faint if her son did something that was not his cup of tea?

Ratna got off the bed.

"I'm sorry beta... I welcomed you unpleasantly"

"Nothing to worry, Aunty... go and eat something, first"

Ratna nodded ok.

"Mom, Khushi is here to clear all her doubts. That's why her father sent her here"

Did her father send her here? Of course, they were friends but was her father that broad-minded to send his daughter to her male friend's house to stay with him?

"That's why I brought her"

"That's nice to hear..."

Ratna looked at Khushi and asked,

"What would you like to eat, beta?"

"Anything prepared by you will be great... I became a fan of your dexterity... thank you so much for sending lunch for me"

"It's my pleasure..."

"Go, Aunty, eat something" She insisted again.

"I will eat... before that, I will arrange for your stay"

"I don't think I will have time to sleep. I have a lot to study... we will be in the living room. What say Arnav?"

Arnav nodded ok.

"Chotte, the computer is in your room... how will you study here?" Ratna asked.

"I will teach her only the theory part and will teach practical papers in the college," Arnav said.

"Whaaat? Won't you teach me practical papers?" Khushi asked shockingly

Arnav was silent.

"So what if your computer is in your room? Should not I enter your room?"

Arnav looked at Ratna.

"He doesn't mean it, beta... he might have thought of not making you embarrassed"