8 Unexpected Behavior

Part 8 Unexpected Behavior

Khushi was tossing on the bed. Her mind was full of Arnav. She could not accept that Arnav was not the one who was in her Granny's prayer. She didn't know why her mind didn't accept it even though Arnav's parents said they didn't know her Granny. She thought some other connectivity must be there with them. What would it be? She could not connect the dots. At last, she slept, could not hold herself.

The next morning

Shashi was having tea while reading a newspaper. Khushi came there.

"Good morning, Dad"

"Good morning..."

"When did you come last night?" she asked sitting next to him.

"11 o'clock"

"Oh..."

"How was Arvind's family? Did they move nicely?"

"I have never seen such a great and understanding couple in my life, Dad. They are so cute you know"

"Is it? What about your friend? What's his name?"

"Arnav..."

"Yeah, Arnav..."

"You won't believe... he does house chores... maintains their garden... helps his mother..."

"Is it?"

"Yes, Dad... he brings dishes to the table to help his mother"

"Wow... it seems his going-to-be wife is a lucky girl"

"No doubt, Dad. He cares for his mother. So, he will care for his wife too... do you know how sweet his mother is...? She is so friendly and concerned. I like her very much. I'm going to go to their house whenever I get time"

Shashi bomb shelled. Khushi won't like to go to anyone's house. She allowed her friends to be with her but she never went to anyone's house so far.

"Their house is a wood house and it was so beautiful...!"

"Is it?"

"Yeah... it felt like I was in a forest"

"I see..."

"Though I didn't get a friend (Arnav) I got a nice uncle and aunty," Khushi said and looked at the clock.

"Dad, I will be late to college if I talk about Arnav and his family... we will talk later... bye"

"Bye"

Khushi rushed to her room.

Shashi felt relieved as Khushi was getting close to someone in the new place instead of missing her Granny.

Beryl Collage

A new curiosity was created in Arnav's mind about Khushi. She was usually naughty with him. After getting familiar with his parents, he didn't know how casual she would become. He came to the class and saw only two students in the class. Students started coming one by one.

After a few minutes, Arnav saw Khushi entering the class. He lowered his eyes when she looked at him. So, she missed noticing his eyes smiling. Arnav was already given a space to Khushi but to his disappointment, she sat on Lavanya's bench. Arnav looked at her shockingly as he didn't expect the twist. He felt a bang... correction, BIG BANG in his heart. He didn't expect it. He thought she would sit with him on his bench as always. He was disappointed to see her not even looking at him.

Yes, after visiting Arnav's house, Khushi decided not to disturb Arnav. His parents were nice people. She didn't want to embarrass them by nagging Arnav who was not interested in giving her notes.