7 It's not a lie

Part 7 It's not a lie

"Whaaaat? Are you sitting on HIS bench?" Ratna almost shouted. She could not believe her son gave space to Khushi on his bench.

"Yes, Aunty. At first, he didn't give me space but I'm Khushi after all..." She laughed.

Ratna looked at her gulping down.

"Let's go Aunty"

"Don't you really want the notes?"

"I want it but I want him to give it to me. You know, one day, I snatched his bag and ran away"

Ratna was horrified.

"What did he do?"

"Nothing"

"Nothing...?" She frowned.

"Yes, aunty."

"Didn't he chase you?"

"Nope... but he reached my house before I reached. I thought my cheek would ripe with hard slaps but he gently left the place taking his bag"

Ratna's surprise had no limits.

"That was when I got to know he is a nice guy. That was why I got the courage to address him as my boyfriend... I'm really sorry about it, Aunty. Without knowing you are his mother, I talked too much"

"Because of those talks, you are here and we became friends"

"NK said Arnav's mother is a nice woman. Really you are...!" She smiled.

Khushi entered the small room. It seemed like a storeroom. Her eyes widened seeing a piece of extra large-sized iron chain there. Khushi went to it and tried to lift it.

"Mmmmm... My god... How heavy it is!"

She looked at Ratna.

"What's this chain for Aunty? It seems at least five to six persons need to lift it"

"Uncle brought it from somewhere just to show me the heavy chain. I too was surprised to see that" she plastered a smile.

They came to the living room.

"Doesn't your house have a pooja room?"

All of them were struck. Arvind took the lead, managing himself.

"I don't believe in God," he said.

Khushi raised her brows.

"You too Aunty?"

"I do... I go to temple for every FULLMOON day and stay there for the whole night,"

"Alone?"

"No, uncle will be there with me"

"But he doesn't trust god"

"I don't trust God but Ratna does. For her, I go to the temple with her"

"If you could go to the temple and stay with her for the whole night there, you could allow her to do pooja at home..."

"He allowed... It's me who doesn't want to do something he doesn't like" Ratna said.

"Wow... I have never seen such a couple in my life that are not forcing their partner for anything and cooperating. If every couple is like you, no problem will hit the family" Khushi said smiling.

She looked at Arnav who was looking somewhere.

"Mr. Chotte, do you trust in God? Won't you go to the temple with your parents on full moon day?" She asked.