30 Curse

Part 30 Curse

Khushi was horror-struck. WEREWOLF? What the hell was he talking about?

"I can't believe this. If you don't like me, tell me directly... but don't lie, Arnav..."

"Why should I lie, Khushi? Why won't I like you? Why the hell do I degrade myself?" He asked painfully.

Khushi looked at his eyes which were teary.

"What curse are you talking about? Tell me, Arnav..."

"Leave it, Khushi..."

Khushi clutched his shoulder.

"I won't let you go until you tell me about it..."

Arnav shrugged her hands and walked.

"Arnaaaavvvv... I promise. I will stand here for the whole night in the chilling climate... see, I'm wearing sleeveless... I will freeze for sure..." she shouted from behind.

Arnav took a step and stopped as he could not be stubborn. He looked behind and saw Khushi standing folding her hands. He rolled his eyes helplessly and came to her.

"Khushi try to understand..."

"I will try to understand if you tell me about the curse"

"What do you want to know?"

"Truth"

Arnav closed his eyes.

"Please tell me, Arnav"

Aranv took a deep breath and said,

"I was ten years old then. All of a sudden, a wolf entered our house. I was scared to see that and ran to my father. It chased me. Taking his gun, my father shot the wolf. It died at the same place. My father took the wolf to bury it in our garden. When we came out, a man who looked like an Aghori came there."

Khushi was taken aback. Aghori? Her heartbeat raised.

"He became furious to see the dead wolf. He shouted at my dad angrily for killing the wolf. I was scared to see his wrath. I hid behind my father. My father consoled me saying, 'Nothing to be scared Arnav, Dad is here for you'. My father looked at the Aghori and said he killed the wolf because it tried to attack me. The Aghori looked at me furiously and told my dad, 'You killed MY child(wolf). You did that to save your child, right? Mark my words, you will cry for your whole life for doing such a sin because I'm going to curse your Arnav... he will become a werewolf when he hits puberty. He will transform into a werewolf every full moon day and live a painful life...!' He cursed me for the wolf killed by my father..." Arnav said sorely.

Khushi became horrified not because Arnav was a werewolf but because the story told by him seemed related to HER...! Aghori, wolf, Curse, everything seemed related to her. Was this the same curse, his grandfather spoke to her father the other day? Was the BOY Arnav? For cursing Arnav only her Granny stopped talking to her husband? Was it Arnav who was in her Granny's prayer? Khushi connected all the unconnected dots quickly and got a clear picture. She wanted to know everything clearly and immediately...! She remembered her Granny's Diary.

"I'm cursed, Khushi... that's why I stayed aloof from people. Forget me... it won't work... Go home" he gently pushed her and started walking.

Without thinking of anything, Khushi ran to her house to read her Granny's diary. Her mind didn't hink aof anything other than the diary. Arnav saw her running and thought she was scared, knowing his story. He thought she would console him but she didn't. He closed his eyes and tears rolled down his cheeks. He could not stand that. He thought he lost HIS Khushi, the only girl whom he loved from the bottom of his heart.