Classes

Bill's pov:

I was visiting my girlfriend Nicole in New York without her knowing however when I got to her door I heard faint sobbing. Worried I slowly opened her door to her curled up in a ball sobbing. Her schoolwork scattered around her.
"Nikki baby what happened?!" I ran to her bed and sat next to her wrapping my arms around her resting her head on my chest as she sobbed. My heart was pounding with worry. With each broken sob that left my girlfriend's throat a piece of me died.
"Nothing is wrong I'm fine...just my parents again..." she choked. I knew due to the papers and sobbing I could tell her parents were yelling at her about grades. They were always strict with them even in college. Nicole didn't even want to go but they made her.
"No honey you're not okay...forget about your parents for a bit..you moved out so you wouldn't deal with them..." I soothed while moving some wet hair from her face. Noticing bloody spots on her face. I mentally cursed myself. She would pick her face open when stressed or anxious. I wiped the blood from her face and soothed her some more before she inevitably passed out from crying so much.  It hurt me to see her so upset. If Highschool didn't burn her out a semester of college will. I rested her on the pillow and kissed her head before picking up her phone and dialing her parent's number. They were good people but they were a bit too harsh with school. Mostly her father. (Love ya dad if you ever see this but it's true💃). Nicole was probably going to kill me but I didn't care.
"Nicole? What's the matter shouldn't you be studying? college isn't like Highschool you know..Sydney from across the street is in Harvard you know..you have to have a plan in case music doesn't work out.." it was her mother..okay this might be a little easier.
"Uh hi Mrs Tomiczak..this isn't Nicole this is her boyfriend bill..this is actually about Nicole..you have to be more easy on her you know how hard being a musician is and balancing school on top of that? It's almost impossible for her! She already has a hard time managing stress as it is being compared to someone doesn't make it better..she's doing very well actually both school wise and music wise..so please don't put pressure on her she's already been through so much..don't do this to your daughter." My voice was breaking at the thought of Nicole reaching her breaking point and burning out resulting in her not enjoying what she loves anymore and not seeing the light in her eyes every time she talks about her passions and her dreams. I heard her mom start to cry. (Guess who I got my sensitivity from 🤭).
"Oh my god..I'm wrecking my daughter all over again..I just want her to be successful but failing to see she's already successful..I'm making my own daughter suffer.." she sobbed. At this point I collapsed onto the couch and broke down in sobs.
"Thank you bill..you care so much for my daughter..you know what she needs..I'll talk to her later when she's available..thank you.." she sniffled before hanging up. I wiped my tears and peaked into her room to see her still fast asleep. I let out a chuckle as I saw her grab onto a pillow thinking it was me. I guess she realized it wasn't me because she stirred awake and saw me leaning on the doorframe with my face red from tears.
"I talked with your mom...don't be mad I kinda used your phone to do so.." I bit my lip and scratched the back of my neck. She stumbled out of bed and wrapped her arms around my waist.
"I'm not mad..In fact that made me fall deeper in love with you if I wasn't already madly in love with you..if it weren't for you I would be at my limit and be a burnt out mess.." she sniffled and kissed me. I cupped her face and kissed her back.
"Now..let's not focus on school or work and just focus on each other.." I led her to the bed and moved some of her papers. She giggled and climbed into my lap and cuddled into me. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tightly. We both dozed off soon enough.