11 - Dil Nihaad 🌸

That day's call was still haunting Amna, but she didn't dare to say a word to anyone, afraid of ruining the happy and cheerful atmosphere of everyone. Every time she remembered that voice, she got goosebumps and would start sweating taking deep breaths. Her trauma was worse than anyone could ever think, the incident wasn't that long ago either, only 5 years. And by that call, everything in her forgotten memory just became fresh. She would often be zoning out.

Azlaan who witnessed her in that state, in her most vulnerable state that he had ever seen was worried and concerned, also pretty curious. What could it be, that made her like this? Her deep breaths, the sweat beads on her forehead, and the way her hands were shivering while she held her phone worried him for her. He didn't tell anyone about it, because he also didn't want to ruin the happy and cheerful atmosphere around the Farooqi mansion. 

Apart from all that, today evening was Maryam's Mayun/Haldi (Turmeric ritual) Everyone was running around the whole mansion preparing things, especially men. Keeping everything in check. it was currently 3 o'clock and the event will start at 6 in the evening. Men had a small venue prepared outside in the garden. except for the family men, no other men were allowed. Abd-ar Rahman was forbidden to meet Maryam during the event and after the event, so he stayed out in the garden the whole event and even after the event until Maryam goes back to her room. 

"Ali, wo phool dihan se lagana, stage par." Amna instructed Ali, who was helping the workers on the stage. Ali nodded in agreement and started doing as his sister said. All the relatives from each side will be there to attend the event and everything has to be perfect.

[ Ali, put the flowers on the stage, carefully. ]

"Amna ja ke taiyar ho jao, aur Maryam ko bhi dekh lena. Thoda hi time reh gaya hai." Humna, Amna's mother came from behind her, telling Amna to go and get ready who was just rushing around helping with the arrangements. 

[ Amna, go and get ready and also check up on Maryam. There's less time left. ]

"Ji, theek hai Ami." Amna nodded and left to go to her room upstairs. It was a relief that this work had decreased her stress and diverted her mind from that call. Azlaan was staring at her from the corner of his eyes while keeping an eye on the preparations. 

[ Okay, Mom. ]

"Azlaan bete, zara bahir ana." Hassan, Azlaan's father called him outside. Azlaan immediately came out of his trance and went outside to his father.

[ Azlaan, Son, can you come out, please? ]

🌸🌸🌸

It was already 6:30 and Maryam was sitting on the stage on a chowki (small stool) dressed in a beautiful mustard-colored Sharara that Humna had chosen for her. {mentioned in 6th chapter} She was looking so beautiful with just a minimal amount of makeup and adorned with floral jewelry. her wrists covered in Gajre (Floral bracelet) made of fresh Marigold and Jasmine and a string attached to her hair made out of the same flowers. The whole mansion was adorned with Marigold, Lily, and Jasmine and some fairy lights. The mansion was glowing beautifully. The guests were all here, Maybe not all. The kids were running around the hall playing. 

Amna descended the stairs, dressed in a fitted Yellow kurti with golden embroidery on it, reaching a little higher than her ankles, with loose pants in the same yellow color and the bottom adorned with the same golden embroidery. A yellow organza dupatta draped over her chest. Her wavy dark brown hair was open and falling on her back, she had minimal makeup on her face and Gajre adorning her wrists. She looked like an epitome of beauty. When she came down, everyone took a second to admire her.