18 - DIL NIHAAD 🌸

They all sat in the lounge, talking and smiling. Amna did not like how Abiha gave looks to Azlaan and Abd-ar Rahman. 

The lounge was filled with sounds of talks and murmurs and the only Laugh coming from Abiha, no one else was laughing though. Maryam, Humna, and Halima were busy in the kitchen. 

Their talks and murmurs came to a halt when there was a low and meek voice reached their ears and Maryam entered, as usual, clad in her baby pink kurta and white lace embroidery over it paired with matching plain baby pink trousers and organza dupatta covering her head as she entered the lounge with holding a try with juice in glasses placed in the tray.

"As Salam o Alaikum." Maryam greeted politely as she took a step forward.

Abd-ar Rahman didn't waste a second when he heard her voice and was left captivated by the beauty in front of him. His heart thumped against his ribcage as he resisted placing a hand on his chest and a 'Hayee' just to hold back his dramatic, Deewana Ashiq ( Crazy Lover )  behavior in front of his family and so-called guest. 

"Wa-alaikum Salaam, beta. Ao." Abd-al Razaaq greeted back with a polite smile on his face.

[Peace be upon you too, child. Come. ]  

Abiha looked up at the girl who had entered with a raised brow, clearly judging her with her stare. As soon as Maryam's gaze locked with her she passed her a polite smile and Abiha just gave her a tight and forced smile in return. An unpleasant one...

Maryam slowly reached forward, starting from Abd-al-Razaaq as she extended the tray for them to grab a glass for them and repeated the process. While she was doing so, she heard Abd-ar Rahmna speak, whose gaze she could feel burning onto her.

"Abiha, ye meri wife hai, Maryam." Abd-ar Rahman's words were filled with love and adoration and Maryam just blushed slightly with his remark.

[ Abiha, she's my wife, Maryam. ]

Abiha was still looking at Maryam with a look of judgment, even when Maryam went to pass her the glass of juice she didn't even thank her. After Maryam was down, she turned to leave when Suleman stopped her.

"Maryam, beta theher jao, baki kaam maids kar lain gi aur Humna aur Halima bhabhi bhi to gain. Jao, ja ke Abd-ar Rahman ke pass baith jao." Suleman stated, wanting Maryam to sit beside Abd-ar Rahman because of the looks Abiha was giving to his son. 

[ Maryam, daughter wait. The maids will do the rest of the work, and Humna and Halima sister are also there, they will do it. You go and sit beside Abd-ar Rahman. ]

Maryam obeyed as she went and sat beside Abd-ar Rahman, in between Abiha and Abd-ar Rahman who was sitting between Abd-ar Rahman and Azlaan. 

"So, Maryam, what do you do?" Abiha asked sipping on her juice as if interviewing her. 

Everyone was taken aback by her question but, Maryam was smart as she had got to know about Abiha's nature and personality after just that smile part. Maryam looked up at Abiha beside her confidently.

"I'm a fashion designer," Maryam replied confidently, staring Abiha in the eye.

"What Kind?" Abiha asked back staring into Maryam's confident gaze.

"All Kinds, especially women," Maryam replied once again filled with confidence. Abd-ar Rahman who was sitting beside her right was filled with pride upon hearing Maryam's confident and straightforward answers. Everyone in the room reciprocated Abd-ar Rahman's feelings.