22 - DIL NIHAAD 🌸

The Farooqi mansion was just normal, like usual. But, was it normal? Nothing can be normal. Never. No matter how much you try to maintain everything to be normal, some thoughts just never leave your mind.

Something similar was going on in the Farooqi mansion at the moment.

It was afternoon. Humna and Halima sat in the lounge accompanied by Sabiha Begum, who rarely came out from her bedroom because she usually stayed sick. Her fragile body was infected by many illnesses. Sugar, allergy, and cough with some deficiency of Vitamin D. Her bones were weaker than her husband Abd-al Razaaq's at such an age. She had no fear of death, even if it was standing just above her head, she would gladly go to Allah with the widest smile on her face.

"Ami, ap ki tabiyat ab kaisi hai?" Halima asked her mother-in-law, in her soft and concerned tone.

[ Mom, How are you now? ]

"Main theek hun, beta. Mujhe kya hona hai." Sabiha begum replied with a weak smile, followed by a cough.

[ I'm fine, daughter. What will happen to me? ]

Sabiha Begum was the sweetest woman to exist. She was not like those typical mothers-in-law, who would ruin the life of their daughter-in-law. Humna and Halima could never ask for anything better. Their husbands loved them till now when they were almost old, their mother-in-law and father-in-law were the sweetest people to exist. They kept them like their own daughters. Sabiha Begum knew better, she knew everything, and she knew how to treat a fellow woman or a daughter. She has been through it all but she was blessed with the greatest and the most supportive husband too.

"Kahan se theek hain ap, Ami. Abhi tak khans rahi hain, aur dkhain, ap ke gal kitne laal ho rahay hain." Humna spoke worriedly.

[ How are you fine, Mom? You have been coughing till now, and look, Your cheeks are getting red. ]

"Budhe hone ke side effects hain, beta. Aur waise bhi, aik na aik din marna to hai hi." Sabiha begum replied with the same weak smile adorning her face.

[ These are the side effects of getting old, daughter. And, I'll have to die one day, anyway. ]

"Kya Ami. Ap baat ko kahan se kahan le gai hain. Kuch nahin ho ga ap ko." Halima spoke whining and making a sad face as she reached to grab Sabiha Begum's hand, who placed her wrinkly ones on Halima's with a smile and patting them.

[ What Mom. From where to where have you taken the matter? Nothing will happen to you. ]

"Acha baba, kuch nahin hota mujhe. Main apni betiyon ko chod kar kahan jaun gi." Sabiha Begum stated with a weak smile, caressing Humna and Halima's heads lovingly.

[ Okay, nothing will happen to me. Where will I go, leaving my daughters? ]

As they talked and chuckled, the main door of Farooqi mansion opened and there entered Abiha with a wide smile on her face and rushed to Humna, Halima, and Sabiha Begum's direction after seeing them.

"As Salaam o Alikum, Auntie." Abiha greeted cheerfully.

"Wa Alaikum Salaam, Abiha beta. Kaise ana hua?" Humna asked smiling softly.

[ Peace be upon you too, Abiha daughter. What brought you here? ]

Human and Halima didn't hate Abiha. Instead, they felt sorry for her. Whatever happened was her fault but also not her fault and they understood it. So, there was no point in still holding a grudge against her.

"Kuch nahin, Auntie. Bas yahin pas se ja rahi thi to socha ap se mil lun." Abiha reasoned, her eyes landing on Sabiha Begum as she went and bowed her head down for Sabiha Begum to give her the blessings.