17 - DIL NIHAAD 🌸

|Eid Mubarak| Lovelies... ✨

🌸 Your Eidi! 🌸

Another normal day in Fraooqi mansion, after a tiring week of wedding. Only one thing was different and that was, that Muhammad Abd-ar Rahman Farooqi, was now a married man, and he had a wife at home, waiting for him. 

As usual, Amna was at the hospital, dealing with patients, Azlaan was at the company, handling meetings and paperwork, Abd-ar Rahman was at his office or rather court, dealing with crime cases, while our two troublemakers, Ali and Eman were at their respected uni's, taking their usual classes. And then, there came the ladies of the house, busy in cooking, and chit-chatting and now, they also had a beautiful piece of company with them.  The first and the eldest Bahu of the Farooqi family.

It was 1:30 in the afternoon and Maryam, Humna, and Halima were busy in the kitchen, all together.  Humna was busy preparing lunch, Halima was washing dishes and Maryam was preparing Chai for everyone. Pretty busy, right?  

Well, soon after they were done with their chores, Maryam poured the Chai into 5 cups for everyone and took the tray of cups into the living room, where everyone, including Abd-al Razaaq, Sabiha Begum, Humna, and Halima. Entering the living room with her head covered by her dupatta and holding the tray she served everyone their cups and sat down on a single-seater sofa with her cup of tea.

As everyone sipped on their chai, Humna decided to break the silence.

"Ma Sha Allah, chai both mazay ki banai hai." Humna spoke with a pleasant smile on her face. Hearing this, Maryam's face lit up with happiness at Humna's praise.

[ God's willing, the tea is really good. ]

"Han, waqai main kafi mazay ki banai hai, Maryam beta." This time Abd-al Razzaq praised, and Halima and others also nodded, agreeing with him.

[ Yes, the tea is,  very good, Maryam. ]

"Shukria." Maryam muttered shyly.

[ Thank you. ]

"Waise, Maryam beta, agay ke plans kya hain ap ke?" Abd-al Razaaq asked making Maryam turn her head in his direction.

[ By the way, Maryam, what are your plans for the future? ]

"Kon se plans, Dada jan?" Maryam asked in confusion. 

[ Which plans, grandfather? ]

"Yahi, ghumna phirna, Honeymoon waghaira." Abd-al Razaaq stated calmly as if it was the most normal thing to say.

[ Like, outing, and Honeymoon etc... ]

Maryam's cheeks heated up and her eyes slightly widened. She wasn't expecting this at all. Abd-al Razaaq was the calmest and laid-back person, but also pretty strict at times, when needed.

"Dada jan... main..." Maryam was speechless and all red, as she looked down at her lap.

[ Grandfather... I... ]

"Pareshan na ho beta, Abu ki to aadat hai." Humna assured her, making Abd-al-Razaaq chuckle. 

[ Don't worry child, it's father's habit. ]

"Nahin lekin sach main, kahin jana ya kuch? Koi planning nahin ki? Aise ghar baithe, ghar ke kaam karnay se kya ho ga? Nai nai shadi hui hai, thoda, ghumo, phiro, timespend karo. Wo nawabzaday bhi, shadi ke baad, hafta shuru hotay hi kaam pe chalay gae. Ye bhi koi baat hoti hai bhala." Abd-al Razaq spoke disappointed in his grandson.