21 - DIL NIHAAD 🌸

- AMNA -

After getting dressed I made my way downstairs and then went to the kitchen, where Ami and Chachi were cooking with a maid helping them. 

I entered the kitchen and hugged Ami from behind. 

"As Salaam o Alikum." I greeted enthusiastically with a bright smile on my face, pushing away all of today's negativity. 

I felt her hand reach back and place it on my cheek as she caressed it.

"Wa Alaikum Salaam, ghar kab ai?" I heard her ask as I pulled away from the hug and stood beside her, peeking at what she was cooking.

[ Peace be upon you too, when did you come home? ]

"Abhi bas, 15 minute pehle." I replied as I lifted the lid of one of the pots.

[ Just, 15 minutes ago. ]

After taking a look at all the dishes. I made my way towards Chachi, who was busy cutting some fruits.

"Ah, meri piyari si chachi ko kitna kaam deti han ap, Ami." I spoke playfully.

[ Ah, You give too much work to my beautiful Aunt, Mom. ]

"Main ne kon sa kaam dia? Fruits to who apni marzi se kaat rahi hai. Dil kar raha tha us ka aur baki sab ka." I heard Ami reply taken aback by my words. Chachi also looked at me and I gave her a playful wink at which she just shook her head and went back to cutting fruits.

[ What work did I give? She is cutting the fruits as per her wish. She wanted to eat some and so did others. ] 

" Phir to mera bhi dil kar raha hai." I stated reaching my hands into the bowl filled with cut fruits as I took one from the bowl and ate it.

[ Then, I also want to eat. ]

Ami slapped my hand with her flour-covered ones as she was making rotis (flatbreads)

"Au, Ami..." I hissed a little rubbing my hand.

[ Ouch, Mom... ]

"Tameez karo." I heard her stern command as I sighed and leaned my back against the kitchen counter where they were working as I saw Chachi chuckle.

[ Behave yourself. ]

"Kabhi nahin sudharo gi, han?" I heard Chachi ask me and I mischievously smiled at her.

[ You will never change, will you? ]

"Ab chachi, main Azalan aur Abd-.ar Rahman bhai ki tarha khadooson wala chehra le kar to pure ghar mein phir nahin sakti. Na. Mujh se nahin hota." I replied raising my hand in the air in surrender.

[ Now Aunt, I can't just go around the house with a grumpy and stern face like Aalaan and Abd-ar Rahman brother. No. I can't do that. ]

"Mera Azlaan khadoos to nahin hai." I heard Chachi reply as she looked up at me, pouring the last badge of cut fruits into the bowl.

[ My Azlaan is not grumpy. ] 

I furrowed my brows at her statement.

"Right... Wo khadoos nahin, Khadoos pro max hain." I replied with a nod at the end.

[ Right... He's not grumpy, he's grumpy pro-Max. ]

"Kuch bhi," Chachi said in response and I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. 

[ Anything. ]

"Mera Azlaan bas raise dikhata hai, lekin wo itna piyara aur naram dil hai. Sab ki care karta hai. Itna piyara bacha hai mera, mana kabhi kabar thoda sa khadoos ho jata hai, magar boht acha hai mera Azlaan." Chachi replied, ranting about her son and I smiled at how much she admired him. No lie, Azlaan Bhai wasn't too bad either. He just had a grumpy expression on his face all the time but he was kind from heart.