26 - DIL NIHAAD 🌸

Everyone was gathered in the living room, upon Suleman's call. What was the matter? Only he and Humna knew. But, the inner turmoil of Suleman was eating him alive. Amna still hasn't arrived from the hospital. Probably stuck in traffic or occupied by another patient or surgery. Everyone was awaiting her arrival because nothing could be discussed without her.

Things have changed and are going to change further.

Either in a good or a bad way. 

Only Allah knew.

Life has never been the same since that day 5 years ago, then what made you all think that it will stay the same? Everything changed... For good.

After much waiting, the main door of Fraooqi Mansion opened, and the silence of the house greeted Amna, who was perplexed by the quiet environment of the normally chirpy and joyful Mansion. Placing her purse beside a vase on the table after closing the door, she followed the silence to the living room.

What was going on?

She didn't know.

Upon entering the living room, she was greeted by many confused and puzzled faces of her family, except for the ones of her parents.

"As Salaam o Alaikum."

she softly greeted.

Her father's lowered gaze was lifted to look at her. He managed to bring a smile to his face.

"Wa Alaikum Salaam beta. Ao, betho." Suleman's anguished voice hit her ears. His effort to hide the anxiety was pointless.

[ peace be upon you too, daughter. Come, Sit. ]

Amna took quiet steps towards her father and sat beside him, which was the only seat Vacat, across from Azlaan. His gaze fell on here. His expressions as always, stoic but, Behind that all, if you look carefully and closely, there was something. but, No one knew, what.

"Ab bolo Suleman, Majra kiya hai?" Abd al razaaq's serious and perplexed tone brought Suleman from his trance.

[ Now tell us Suleman, what is the matter? ]

Suleman heaved out a sigh and nodded before nodding. His acts, his expressions.... everything was being noted by everyone present in the room. This included Amna too, who was oblivious of what was happening here.

"Ji, Abu." His voice shivered.

[ Yes, Father. ]

Humna's hand came to rest on his shoulder soothingly. He looked up at her and nodded after seeing her nod. Exhaling heavily he looked up at everyone to begin with what he had to say to all those expectant and puzzled faces in front of him.

"Mera ap sab ko yahan bulanay ki wajah koi aam nahin hai." He had no idea where to start from. He had no idea what he was saying either. 

[ My reason to call you all here is not normal. ]

It's not easy for a father to make such decisions for his child when things that happened in the past still haunt them.

Hassan was concerned for his brother but he was helpless. He could only sit there and listen. Abd-ar Rahman too had similar concerns as Hassan but, what could they possibly do? 

"Abhi kuch hi dinon pehle, mujh se aik aadmi aur us ki biwi office mein milne ae the. Wo banda keh raha tha ke wo Amna ka aik patein hai, aur..." His voice trailed off as he took a deep breath.

[ Just a few days ago, a man and his wife came to meet me in my office. The man said that he was one of Amna's patients, and... ] 

It wasn't that hard, was it? but, for him... it was. As a father, he could never put his daughter in the wrong hands. Never.