Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Tate

I manage to get all of my things unpacked within an hour. Sophie and Ariana are picking out the perfect outfits for tonight. Imogen returned not too long ago with even more books than she left with. I'm lounging on the couch, reading through my class schedule when there's a knock on the door of our dorm suite.

"Coming!" Ariana chimes, skipping towards the door.

I watch as Ariana opens the door and two girls stand there expectantly. I jump off the sofa and smile at one familiar face.

Eva Sokolov stands there, holding a plate of cookies. She's got a friend with bronzed skin and dark hair standing beside her.

"We just wanted to say...welcome!" Eva holds out the plate.

Despite her older, evil brothers, Eva Sokolov has always been a sweetheart. She's Chase's age and I've known her since she was born. When she sees me, her bright blue eyes widen. I pull her into a hug and she giggles excitedly.

"We live right across the hall!" she grins.

"You've grown so much since I last saw you," I smile back.

Eva flicks her long platinum blonde hair over her shoulder. "Ah shucks."

"I love your shoes," Ariana gasps.

Eva gasps when she looks at Ariana's shoes. "I love YOUR shoes."

A match made in heaven.

"I'm Hannah Moretti," Eva's friend says. Her accent is American. I vaguely recognize the Moretti name. I think they're allied with Mom and Dad's friends on the east coast. Sophie and Imogen emerge from their perspective rooms, and we all start chatting.

Eva asks if we're going to the Black Wolves party tonight.

We were planning to go since Josh and Eli invited Imogen – thus invited us. I also am positive that if there's any sort of party, my brother will be there. And I need to see him with my own two eyes to make sure he's okay.

Eva is essentially a carbon-copy of Ariana and Sophie. The three of them become fast friends. Hannah, Imogen, and I pretend to be as invested in getting ready for this party as they are, but it doesn't come close.

Ariana dresses in her signature lavender color, wearing a mini-dress that accentuates her petite, yet perfectly curvy frame. Sophie wears a hot pink mini-dress that is almost identical in style to Ari's, but she's several inches taller than Ari. Eva's got on a pale baby blue dress that makes her look like a princess. All three girls look like they are walking down the same runway.

Hannah and I go for simple black outfits. I change into a crop top and matching skirt that shows off my tattoos, while Hannah goes for a romper that makes her long, athletic legs look even longer. Imogen gives into the whims of the others and lets them dress her up in a red dress and heels that she struggles to walk in.

The six of us roll up to the Black Wolves mansion together with two of our bodyguards, Nova and Jones.

I try not to be too impressed by the sheer size of the Black Wolves mansion, but it's a literal castle. The ancient architecture is more than impressive. It's stunning, and dark, with an edge of danger to it.

It sort of reminds me of home in a weird, demented way.

As soon as we step through the door I know that this is unlike any party I've been to before, and certainly not like any college parties I've experienced in the past.