Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Zane

The after party is wild, as expected. The drinks are flowing, the music loud, people growing rowdier. For the most part, the Knights have made themselves discreet. I haven't seen Gabe since his loss. I have no doubt he ran off back to his mansion with his tail between his legs, ready to plot his next move.

The DJ plays a low, sexy beat and Tate dances up against me. I love the feel of her happy and dancing and loose in front of me. I love the comfort she feels as she holds me close to her and smiles up at me, kissing me like she's trying this whole 'relationship' thing on for size.

My heart swells at the way her eyes sparkle as she looks up at me while we dance to the music.

Somehow, my sister, Ariana, and Sophie found their way up in the ring, using it as their own personal performing stage. Eva and Ariana sing along with the song playing at the top of their lungs while Sophie stands with her arms around them, throwing her hair around along with the music.

"You should get up there," I wink at Tate.

She laughs lightly. "I'll leave them to the performing."

"A shame. I'd love to watch."

"Don't be naughty," Tate says before biting her bottom lip. My cock sings to life. Ah, fuck. She laughs knowingly before grabbing my hand. "Come on. Let's go get a drink."

Tate leads me through the crowd. I happily let her. I'd follow her anywhere if we're being honest.

We stop near the makeshift bar. Imogen is talking with her second-cousins Josh, Eli, and Owen. I order Tate and myself a pair of drinks.

"There you are," Tate smiles, throwing her arm around Imogen.

"Having a good night?" Imogen asks with a knowing smile.

"The best," Tate sighs. She's a little tipsy, but hearing the happiness in her voice is doing some strange shit to my entire system. It makes me realize I'd do just about anything to keep her like this forever.

"Where are the others?" I ask, passing Tate her drink.

"Well Chase and Hannah are dancing over there," Owen nods towards the dance floor where Chase is spinning Hannah around, both of them laughing drunkenly. "Aleks and Leo are off scheming...ah...never mind! Speak of the devils and they doth appear!" Owen grins.

My brother and Leo approach.

"Should we do shots?" Josh asks with a grin.

"I'm in!" Tate claps her hands together.

Imogen's face goes blank as she looks over to the ring. "Oh no...um..."

All of us follow her stare to where Ariana, Sophie, and Eva are still dancing. Except now, Anton Gallo is standing with them, his arm draped over Sophie. She gives him a dirty look, flipping her hair.

Ariana says something to him, her hand on her hip, a frown on her face.

"Do you want to take it, or should I?" Tate asks Imogen.

"I'll handle it..." Imogen grumbles.

"Sending the mother hen?" I tease.

"Imogen's scarier than people give her credit for," Tate shrugs.