Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Tate

"You're not discreet," Imogen hisses at me as I fall into the seat across from her.

Zane walks in a moment later and sits back beside his brother, stretching his legs out with a knowing grin on his face. He shuts his eyes as if deeply satisfied and ready for a long nap the rest of the way.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I reply to my cousin with a grin.

Imogen tsks. "You left me alone up here with the Dark Lord."

I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"I thought we were in this together," she grumbles, finally shutting her laptop.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Hating the Sokolovs, obviously."

I bite my lip and give my cousin a look before saying, "I was wrong."

"I'm not so sure," Imogen sighs, leaning back against the headrest.

"You don't trust anyone."

She shrugs, "Better that than putting faith in the wrong people."

"Do you have reasons for your hatred?" I ask.

"It's nothing," she mutters. "I'm being unreasonable, I'm sure. I'm going to blame it on lack of sleep." Imogen gives me a soft smile. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You can always speak freely with me." I squeeze her hand.

"Same here," she whispers, looking over at the Sokolov brothers before looking back at me. "So, are you two a thing now?"

"I really don't know what we are..."

It's the truth. I meant what I said to Zane when I told him I'm not good enough for him, that I'd only hurt him...

He didn't seem to listen to me because within moments, he was giving me the best (and only) consecutive orgasms of my life.

"Let's just get through this, and we'll go from there," I mutter quietly, a small smile coming over my face, my cheeks going warm.

Imogen looks contemplative. "I think you really like him."

"What makes you say that?"

She shrugs. "I've never seen you smile like that."

"Enough," I frown, dropping my smile. "Let's sleep. We have a big few days ahead."

********************************

It's surreal walking into my family home with the Sokolov brothers menacingly in tow.

"We used to joke this place is haunted," Zane yawns. It's late morning now and all of us are running on nearly no sleep. The faster we can get these Polish drug dealers handled, the better.

"Maybe it is," I tease. "I know you like your ghost stories..."

Zane gives me a slow smile.

Imogen tsks with disgust.

The door flies open and Mom is standing there, looking like she's had as little sleep as the rest of us.