𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 17

𝘎𝘸𝘺𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘩

December 24th

It's been a month and a half since the last time I've seen Adam. I'm not over everything...but I'm feeling a lot better, I haven't cried in two weeks and that's a record. I do wonder how he's doing.

Ever since that last time, nobody has really heard things from him except Minnie since she went to get my clothes. She told me he just needs time to focus on himself.

I've lived with Minnie and Carter in the meantime. They're pretty fun and honestly they feel like parents except cool. We're having a Christmas get together since we had to cancel Friendsgiving because Ellie and Mitch had to go to Colorado to visit Ellie's family. We're also having a New Year's Eve party next week which I'm excited for. I only have about two weeks left before I go home and that's the sad part.

I stepped out of the shower and walked into my room. I pulled out the red sweater dress I was planning on wearing.

I pulled it on and slipped on these black heels my dad sent me as an early christmas present. I ran my fingers through my wet hair making sure it was styled right. I quickly did some light makeup only consisting of concealer, blush, mascara, and red lipstick.

Nobody knows if Adam is coming tonight and I hope not. If anything I can just pretend he's not even there. I sprayed some of my favorite Chanel perfume on my dress before opening my door.

Carters family is here so I have to be on my best behavior too even if Adam shows up. I walked into the main living area seeing a lot of people.

Minnie told me to try to be social so the best I can do is try. I grabbed a glass of champagne and walked up to a group of girls. "You are stunning" this blonde girl smiled at me "thank you" I smiled back.

"I'm Bella, that's marie, Lilly, and Angie" she pointed towards each girl. "I'm Gwyneth but you guys can call me gwyn". "I didn't expect there to be so much people" Bella laughed. "Me too honestly" I nodded.

"We're all carters cousins" Lilly informed me. "No way" I said shocked "yupppp" Angie nodded.

We continued on with small talk until Minnie got all of our attention. "We're gonna play a drinking game!" She said loudly. "Who's going first??" Everyone cooed.

Carters cousin Josh stepped up on one side of the counter. I looked around the girls "I'll go" I stepped up to the other side. "Light work" he mocked me "we'll see" I smirked. "Alright you two have to down each cup and whoever finishes the pint of beer first at the end wins a mystery prize" Minnie wiggled her brows.

Everyone crowded around to watch. The girls chanted for me while the boys chanted for him.

"3..2...1..GO!" Carter yelled. I grabbed the first cup and downed it, having no time to react to the nasty liquor I quickly did the same for the others. Josh got to the beer before me but I grabbed the glass handle and tilted my head back gulping it all down before slamming it down on the counter.

"GWYN" Minnie squealed everyone was hollering with excitement. I threw my arms up and squealed happily.

I high fived the girls before Bella took my spot and Mitch took Josh's spot. The game went on until it ended and everyone was relaxed from the alcohol. I heard the doorbell ring, "imagine it's that hot guy from last year" marie smiled.

"Merry Christmas" I heard a familiar voice, I turned seeing Adam hugging some of the guys. He handed Minnie a couple of present bags.

I walked into the kitchen, my heart was going a least a hundred miles an hour. I tried to relax and calm my breathing. I leaned on the stove. Adam turned into the kitchen stopping when he saw me. "Hey" he slowly said placing down a bottle of tequila.

"Hi" I gulped. Adam looks tired, but good. His stubble has grown out a little bit. He's wearing a black sweater and black jeans. "How are you?" He asked standing with his hands in his pocket. "good, and you?" I responded.

"I'm good" he nodded awkwardly. I forgot how tall he really is. "How are the cats" I asked looking away. "They're good".

"You look beautiful" "thank you" I quickly responded. He dropped his wallet and bent down to grab it only to hit his head on the counter. I accidentally laughed which resulted in him laughing too. "Are you okay?" I spoke in between giggles.

"Shit" he groaned laughing along with me. I opened the freezer and grabbed an ice pack. "Here sit" i pulled out the island stool and he sat. I stood between his legs holding the ice pack up to his forehead.

I looked into his eyes soon feeling his hand on my side, a familiar feeling I missed. I slowly put the ice pack down and took a step back. Adam stood up, his hands curved their way around my hips.

"What are you smiling at?" He asked "nothing" I whispered trying to hide my smile. "Oh really?" He leaned down our faces inches apart "really" I placed my hand on the side of his face.

Adam kissed me and it was like the first time all over again. I practically melted in his arms. Once we broke the kiss I couldn't look away from him.

"We shouldn't have done that" I stepped back "Gwyneth" he grabbed my hand. "You are driving me insane" I stared into his eyes. "You're the only one I want forever Gwyn come on".

"There is no forever Adam, I leave in a few weeks and it'll be over" I scoffed and looked away. "I will do everything in my power to make us forever, I'll move for you, I can make it happen..anything" he rambled.

"My father would never-" "stop thinking about everyone else..Gwyn tell me what you want and I know damn well it's not for me to leave" he cut me off.

"I will do anything for you, just to have you forever" he caressed my face. "It'll never work Adam" my eyes filled with tears. "We can make it work" he pleaded.

"Be fucking realistic Adam, my dad would fucking kill you and make sure I never see you again...I leave in two weeks anyways" I sighed. "Gwyn I will fight for you, I'd do anything for you, we'll spend every second together these last two weeks" he held my hands.

"you promise that this will be forever?" I asked squeezing his hand. "Until the day I die" he squeezed mine back.

"Tell me what you want" he looked into my eyes. I kept quiet for a moment "I want real dates, and I want to live with you, I want our families to be close, I want to get married and have kids one day, i want to travel with you, and I want to have loving sex" I choked out a laugh which made him laugh too.

"We can do all of that baby we just have to start somewhere" he smiled "I want you to take me to prom...and I want you to ask me to be your girlfriend" I sniffled.

He stood up and dropped to his knees  "Well, Gwyneth Michelson will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I laughed excitedly "you're so stupid but yes" I smiled.

Adam picked me up and kissed me. I looked down at his lips "I love you" I smiled he kissed my cheeks making me squirm from his stubble.