𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 18

𝘎𝘸𝘺𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘩

I woke up feeling movement behind me. I blinked a couple of times before shifting a little. I turned my head seeing Adam awake scrolling on his phone.

He looked at me and put his phone down "good morning" he smiled. I scooted closer to him and rested my head on his chest. I hummed in response since I wasn't ready to speak yet.

I picked up his phone and looked at the time. 9:24 am
I sat up and stretched, my back cracking a bit. "Come on get up" I slid off the bed and walked into my bathroom.

I grabbed my toothbrush and began brushing my teeth. Adam walked into the bathroom and stood behind me looking at us in the mirror. "When's your prom?" He asked as I rinsed my toothbrush.
"April 10th" I sighed pulling on a sweatshirt.

"I'll put that in my calendar" he opened one of the dresser drawers pulling out sweatpants and a t-shirt. Carter leaves his clothes in there sometimes.

"You're so old" I laughed "shut up" he chuckled pulling the clothes on. There was a knock at the door. I opened it seeing Minnie "hi" she stepped in looking at both of us.

"hey" I laughed "ugh I love you too I'm glad everything's alright now" she hugged me. "Carter needs your help in the garage" Minnie said to Adam.

He walked out and she closed the door behind him. "Spill" she said quickly. "I don't know, we just kinda talked and..we're official now" I felt a blush creep up to my cheeks.

"Oh my god!" She squealed hugging me. "I knoww" i laughed with her "you better invite me to your wedding" she smiled "you better invite me to yours" I scoffed "that's if Carter even proposes" she rolled her eyes. I groaned with her.

"Did you-" "I've tried everything to bring it up and he just moves past it every time" she whined. "At this point you might as well propose" I joked "oh please" she laughed. We walked out of my room and to the living room.

Everyone was sat around with their gifts "your gifts are over there" she pointed to the ottoman. I ran over and sat next to them.

Adam came back and sat next to me. "What did he need help with?" I asked "you'll see" he whispered.

I went through my gifts. I got some new makeup and clothes all I loved. "Your gift is at the house, I wasn't sure how things were gonna go last night so I left it" Adam sighed "I don't need anything from you, I have the best gift I could ask for already" I rested my head on his shoulder.

Bella and marie passed out mimosas. "I wanna thank you guys for coming all the way here and being with us for Christmas" Carter smiled as him and Minnie stood in front of everyone.

"I also want to thank you Minnie, for being the best girlfriend i could ever wish for" he kissed her cheek.

Minnie laughed "I just have one more gift.." Carter looked into her eyes before dropping onto one knee. Everyone gasped "oh my god!" Carters mom squealed.

I grasped Adam's wrist in shock. "Will you marry me?" He choked on his words "yes" she immediately hugged him. Everyone got a little choked up watching this unfold.

"we were just talking about it too" Minnie looked at me laughing with tears in her eyes. The ring was absolutely gorgeous.

↟ ↟ ↟ ↟

I zipped up the duffle bag full of clothes and stood up handing it to Adam. The house was quiet since all of carters family left to go to the next town over earlier.

"Thank you guys for letting me stay with you during everything" I smiled standing in front of Carter and Minnie. "Anytime my love" "we'll leave you two alone for now" Adam chuckled heading towards the front door with my things.

I hugged them both "goodnight lovebirds" I laughed before running out after Adam. I opened the truck door and hopped in. Adam slid in the driver seat.

"I'm ready to go home" I smiled at him "our home" he grabbed my chin and kissed me.