LN♥

"I wanted you to have something special."

Valentine's Day was just around the corner, and as I sat at my desk, tapping my pen against the notebook, I couldn't shake off the feeling of dread. What on earth could I get Lando Norris, the guy who seemingly had everything?

Lando and I had been dating for a few months now, and every day with him felt like a dream. His charming smile, his passion for racing, and his down-to-earth nature had stolen my heart from the very beginning. But now, faced with the challenge of finding the perfect Valentine's Day gift, I felt utterly lost.

I glanced at the clock on my bedside table. It was already late in the evening, and I had spent the entire day brainstorming gift ideas to no avail. Lando was a busy man, juggling his responsibilities as a Formula 1 driver with endless press conferences, sponsor events, and training sessions. Unlike me, he didn't have much free time for hobbies like reading or gaming, which made my search even more difficult.

With a frustrated sigh, I closed my notebook and leaned back in my chair, staring up at the ceiling. Maybe I was overthinking it. After all, it wasn't about the gift itself but the thought and effort behind it, right?

But try as I might to convince myself otherwise, I couldn't shake off the feeling of disappointment. I wanted this Valentine's Day to be special, to show Lando just how much he meant to me. And yet, I felt like I was coming up short.

Just then, my phone buzzed on the desk, interrupting my thoughts. I picked it up to see a text from Lando.

"Hey babe, sorry I haven't been able to chat much today. Crazy schedule as usual. Miss you ❤️"

A warm smile spread across my lips as I read his message. Despite his hectic life, he always made time for me, even if it was just a quick text or a stolen moment between his races.

As the realization dawned upon me that Valentine's Day was today and I still hadn't found the perfect gift for Lando, panic started to set in. He could buy himself anything he wanted, leaving me feeling utterly helpless in my quest to find something meaningful.

With a deep breath, I decided to pivot my approach. Maybe the key wasn't to buy him something extravagant, but rather to show him how much he meant to me in a more personal way.

I grabbed a small glass bottle and a stack of colorful paper, determined to fill it with 100 reasons why I loved him. Each note was a heartfelt reflection of the moments we shared, the way he made me laugh, and the little things he did that made my heart flutter.

Once the bottle was filled to the brim, I smiled to myself, feeling a sense of satisfaction wash over me. This gift wasn't something he could buy or replace – it was a piece of my heart, poured out in a hundred tiny declarations of love.

But I didn't stop there. I knew Lando had a sweet tooth, so I dusted off my apron and got to work in the kitchen, whipping up a batch of his favorite cookies. The scent of freshly baked treats filled the air, and I couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement at the thought of seeing his reaction.

Next, I gathered a few knick-knacks I thought he might appreciate – a handkerchief made from the fabric of the dress I wore when we first met, a set of high-quality pens for signing autographs, and a framed photo of us together, captured during one of our happiest moments.

Arranging everything neatly in a small wicker basket, I stepped back to admire my handiwork. It wasn't flashy or extravagant, but it was filled with love and thoughtfulness – two things that money couldn't buy.