CL♥

"You have no idea how beautiful you look as you get ready for bed"

Charles pulled his sleek sports car out of the restaurant parking lot, the night air felt cool against my skin, a contrast to the warmth I still felt from the evening's wine and laughter. The streetlights played over his profile, highlighting the relaxed smile on his face—a smile that never failed to make my heart flutter.

"So, what did you think of dinner?" Charles asked, glancing over at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I leaned back against the leather seat, a contented sigh escaping my lips. "It was amazing. That risotto was practically life-changing."

Charles chuckled, his eyes bright. "I'm glad you liked it. You know, I was worried the dessert might steal the show."

"Oh, the dessert definitely did steal the show," I replied with a playful smirk. "But don't worry, the main course held its own."

We both laughed, the shared joke adding a playful energy to the air between us. It was one of the things I loved most about Charles—he was effortlessly charming but also refreshingly down-to-earth.

"Did you catch the waiter's face when you asked for that second serving of tiramisu?" Charles teased, his voice filled with amusement.

I grinned, recalling the slightly startled expression on the waiter's face. "He definitely underestimated my love for dessert."

"I think he was secretly impressed," Charles remarked, his gaze returning to the road ahead. "Or maybe he was just in awe of your dessert-eating prowess."

I couldn't help but laugh at that. "Well, I do take my dessert-eating very seriously."

We fell into a comfortable silence, the soft hum of the car's engine providing a soothing backdrop to our conversation. As the city lights blurred by, I stole a glance at Charles. He was focused on driving, his expression calm and relaxed. It amazed me how effortless everything felt when we were together.

"So," Charles said, breaking the silence, "what's the verdict? Would you let me plan another dinner date?"

I nodded enthusiastically. "Absolutely. Just maybe skip the appetizers next time—I want to save more room for that tiramisu."

Charles chuckled. "Noted. Dessert first, then dinner."

"Now you're speaking my language," I replied with a grin.

The car slowed to a stop in front of Charles' apartment building. He turned to me, his eyes warm and filled with a silent question. Without needing words, I knew we were both thinking the same thing—the night didn't have to end just yet.

"Well," Charles said softly, "would you like to come up?"

I met his gaze, feeling a rush of excitement mingled with a touch of nervousness. "I'd like that."

A smile tugged at the corners of Charles' lips as he got out of the car and walked around to open my door. Together, we made our way into the building, anticipation swirling around us like the city night outside.

Inside Charles' apartment, the ambiance was cozy and inviting. Soft lighting accentuated the tasteful decor, creating a warm atmosphere that enveloped us as we stepped through the door. Charles poured us each a glass of red wine, and we settled onto the comfortable couch, our conversation flowing effortlessly.

"I can't believe it's already been two weeks," Charles mused, handing me a glass of wine. "Time really does fly when you're having fun."

I took a sip, savoring the rich flavor. "It does. Feels like I've known you forever, though."