OP♥/☁︎

"Some stuff you left at my place."

I sat at the cozy café table with my girlfriends, the chatter around us buzzed with excitement. It was a typical Friday night hangout, filled with laughter, gossip, and an abundance of sugary frappés. But as I reached into my bag to grab my lip gloss, disaster struck. My hand fumbled, and before I knew it, my makeup pouch and hair stuff went tumbling to the floor.

"Oops," I muttered, quickly bending down to gather my scattered belongings.

"Girl, why do you even carry all this stuff around?" My best friend, Maya, raised an eyebrow as she helped me pick up my things.

I shrugged, feeling a flush of embarrassment creep up my neck. "Well, you know... just in case."

"In case of what? A beauty emergency?" Maya teased, handing me my mascara.

I laughed nervously, not wanting to reveal the real reason behind my over-preparedness. "Something like that."

But my other friend, Lily, wasn't buying it. "Come on, spill the tea. What's really going on?"

I hesitated, glancing around the crowded café. They were my closest friends, but this was different. This was about Oscar.

"I, um, I've been staying over at Oscar's place a lot lately," I admitted, avoiding their curious gazes.

Maya's eyes widened in surprise. "Wait, seriously? Well it makes sense, you've been dating for, like, six months. Why don't you have a toothbrush at his place or something?"

My cheeks burned with embarrassment as I fidgeted with my straw. "Well, you see... Oscar's really particular about his stuff. And, um, I guess it just never came up."

Lily furrowed her brow. "But still, after six months? That's kinda weird, don't you think?"

I swallowed hard, feeling a pang of guilt in my chest. They were right. It was weird. But I couldn't bring myself to confront Oscar about it. What if he thought I was moving too fast? What if he wasn't ready for that level of commitment?

"I know, I know," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "I'll talk to him about it, okay? I promise."

My friends exchanged knowing glances, but thankfully, they dropped the subject. We spent the rest of the evening sipping our coffees and gossiping about everything and anything, but my mind kept drifting back to Oscar.

The next night, after another wonderful evening spent wrapped in Oscar's arms, I found myself lying beside him, the gentle rise and fall of his chest lulling me into a contented state. He was already drifting off to sleep, his breath warm against my skin.

As I eased myself out of bed, careful not to disturb him, I tiptoed to the bathroom, the cool tile floor sending shivers up my legs. I turned on the shower, relishing the warmth as it cascaded over me, washing away the day's worries.

After I finished, I grabbed my hair dryer and set to work, the familiar hum filling the air. But as I stood there, staring at myself in the mirror, an idea began to form in my mind. A little test, if you will.

With a mischievous grin, I reached for Oscar's drawer, pulling it open to reveal its neatly organized contents. Without hesitation, I tucked my hair dryer inside, along with a few of my favorite skincare products. It was subtle, almost imperceptible, but to me, it felt like a bold declaration.

Closing the drawer with a satisfied nod, I turned off the bathroom light and made my way back to bed, slipping under the covers beside Oscar. He stirred slightly, his arm instinctively reaching out to pull me closer.