CS♥

"You never have to apologize for being scared."

As I sit in the plush executive lounge of the bustling airport, surrounded by the hum of conversations and the occasional announcement over the intercom, my heart races faster than the planes outside preparing for takeoff. Carlos, my boyfriend, sits beside me, his warm hand enveloping mine, a comforting presence amidst my rising panic.

"You're doing great, baby." he whispers, his brown eyes filled with concern and affection. "Just breathe, okay? We'll get through this together."

I nod, trying to steady my erratic breaths as my mind whirls with thoughts of the impending flight. Flying has always been my greatest fear, a fear so paralyzing that I've avoided it at all costs. But when Carlos invited me to accompany him to one of his races, I couldn't refuse. Even if it meant facing my biggest phobia head-on.

"I don't know if I can do this, Carlos," I admit, my voice trembling slightly. "What if something goes wrong? What if the plane crashes?"

Carlos squeezes my hand reassuringly. "Hey, none of that is going to happen, okay? You're safe with me. And besides, you've got your sleep supplements, right? You can take them now and drift off to sleep before we even board."

He's right. I do have my trusty sleep supplements, the only thing that offers me even a semblance of peace during flights. I reach into my bag and fish out the bottle, popping a couple of pills into my mouth and swallowing them down with a sip of water.

"Okay," I murmur, feeling the effects of the supplements starting to kick in. "I'll try to relax."

Carlos smiles, his hand moving to gently stroke my hair. "That's my girl. And hey, if you fall asleep, I wouldn't mind carrying you onto the plane. Anything to make you feel better."

His words send a warmth spreading through my chest, and for a moment, the fear recedes, replaced by a deep sense of gratitude for having him by my side. Despite his busy racing schedule, he always finds a way to support me, whether it's through my fears or my dreams.

"Thank you, Carlos," I whisper, leaning into his touch. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

He leans in closer, his lips brushing against my forehead in a tender kiss. "You'll never have to find out, I promise."

In that moment, surrounded by the chaos of the airport, I feel a sense of calm wash over me. With Carlos by my side, I know I can face anything, even my fear of flying.

My eyelids flutter open to the gentle nudge of Carlos's hand on my shoulder. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, I sit up groggily, disoriented by the unfamiliar surroundings. Through the window, I catch a glimpse of sun-drenched skies and palm trees swaying in the breeze—a far cry from the cold and rainy England where the race was supposed to take place.

"Carlos, where are we?" I ask, my voice laced with confusion as I take in our unexpected destination.

He grins, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Surprise! We're in Dubai."

"Dubai?" I repeat, my mind struggling to catch up with the sudden turn of events. "But I thought—"

"We have a week before the race," Carlos interrupts, excitement bubbling in his tone. "And I wanted to take you on a little vacation as a surprise. Just the two of us."

A smile tugs at the corners of my lips as I realize the extent of his thoughtful gesture. Despite my initial panic about flying, he'd turned it into an opportunity to whisk me away on an impromptu adventure. Leave it to Carlos to turn a potentially stressful situation into something magical.

"You used my fear of flying to take me on a surprise trip?" I tease, raising an eyebrow at him.

Carlos chuckles, running a hand through his tousled hair. "Guilty as charged. But hey, it worked, didn't it?"

I can't help but laugh, shaking my head in disbelief at his audacity. "I can't believe you sometimes, Carlos Sainz."

He grins, pulling me into a warm embrace. "Believe it. And get ready to enjoy the best week of your life."

As we step off the plane and into the bustling chaos of Dubai's airport, I feel a surge of excitement coursing through my veins. Carlos and I finally arrive at our little slice of paradise—a luxurious resort nestled away from the hustle and bustle of the city. With our own private villa complete with a sparkling swimming pool, it's the perfect retreat to unwind and soak in the sun.

We quickly change into our swimsuits, and I can't help but marvel at the surrealness of it all. Just a few hours ago, I was gripped with fear at the thought of boarding a plane, and now here I am, lounging poolside in one of the most beautiful destinations in the world.

I sink into the cool water with a contented sigh, feeling the weight of the world melt away with each gentle lap of the waves. Carlos joins me, his warm presence a comforting anchor in the midst of my swirling thoughts.

"Thank you, Carlos," I murmur, tilting my head back to bask in the warm rays of the sun. "For everything. I know I can be a handful sometimes, especially when it comes to flying."

He wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me close as he presses a tender kiss to my temple. "Hey, you never have to apologize for being scared. And I'll always be here to help you through it, no matter what."

I snuggle closer to him, feeling a rush of gratitude for his unwavering support. Most people had brushed off my fear of flying as irrational or told me to simply "get over it," but Carlos had taken me seriously, listening to my fears and offering reassurance every step of the way.

"It means more to me than you'll ever know," I admit, my voice thick with emotion. "To have someone who understands and doesn't judge me for something that's completely out of my control."

Carlos smiles, his gaze softening as he brushes a stray lock of hair from my face. "I love you. And I'll do whatever it takes to make sure you feel safe and loved, always."

His words wash over me like a warm embrace, filling me with a sense of peace and belonging that I've never known before. In that moment, surrounded by the tranquil beauty of our own little paradise, I realize just how lucky I am to have Carlos by my side. And as we drift lazily in the pool, lost in our own little world, I know that no matter what challenges may come our way, together, we can conquer them all.

Thank you for reading and voting!

Requests are open<3