FA♥

"You don't have to say anything"- Requested

I stepped into the bustling garage of Aston Martin Racing, the adrenaline coursing through my veins matching the hum of the Formula 1 cars around me. It was the beginning of my first season as Fernando Alonso's race engineer, a role I had been eagerly anticipating since I first set foot in the world of motorsport. But as excitement pulsed through me, a knot of nerves twisted in my stomach.

I had been a part of the Aston Martin team for some time, working my way up from the ranks, proving my worth with each challenge thrown my way. Yet, joining Fernando's crew on a race weekend was an entirely different ball game.

As I stood among the mechanics and engineers, the team principal's voice boomed over the intercom, announcing my addition to Fernando's crew. Cheers and applause erupted around me, but my attention was fixed on the man himself.

Fernando Alonso, the legendary two-time Formula 1 world champion, regarded me with a cool detachment that sent a shiver down my spine. His piercing gaze seemed to scrutinize every inch of me, and I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled over me.

I approached him tentatively, extending a hand in greeting. "Hi, Fernando. I'm your new race engineer."

His response was curt, his handshake firm but devoid of warmth. "Nice to meet you," he replied, his tone clipped.

I tried to hide my disappointment as I took my place beside him, eager to prove myself despite his apparent reluctance to work with me. But throughout the day, his demeanor remained distant, his focus solely on the car and the upcoming race.

As the day wore on, I couldn't shake the feeling of being an outsider in my own team. It wasn't until later that evening, as I passed by the team principal's office, that I overheard a conversation that sent a chill down my spine.

"...so I can get a different race engineer," Fernando's voice drifted through the partially open door, his words laced with frustration.

My heart sank as I realized the truth of his reticence. Fernando didn't want me on his team, and no amount of determination on my part could change that.

Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes as I retreated to the solitude of my hotel room, the weight of disappointment heavy on my shoulders. But even as doubts gnawed at me, a fire ignited within me, a determination to prove myself to Fernando and the rest of the team.

I sat alone in my hotel room, the glow of the city outside casting long shadows across the plush carpet. Thoughts swirled in my mind like a whirlwind, each one more turbulent than the last. Why wouldn't Fernando want me on his team? What had I done to earn his disdain?

Frustration bubbled up inside me, mingling with a fierce determination to prove myself, not just to him but to everyone who doubted me. I had worked tirelessly to get to where I was, sacrificing countless hours and sleepless nights to pursue my passion for motorsport. And now, to have my abilities called into question by someone I admired and respected—it was a bitter pill to swallow.

The next day dawned bright and clear, the promise of the race hanging in the air like a tangible force. As I made my way to the paddock, determination set my jaw in a firm line. I wouldn't let Fernando's doubts derail me. I had a job to do, and I would do it to the best of my abilities, regardless of his opinion.

As I approached the driver's room, I noticed Fernando standing alone outside, his expression inscrutable. Without hesitation, I squared my shoulders and marched forward, the anger simmering beneath the surface propelling me forward.