six ✬

it was monday morning, i woke up a bit earlier than the usual time i woke up for work. i took advantage and made myself a coffee and some breakfast. this weekend was fun but i was glad to be in my bed.

me and brock had been texting back and forth last night before i told him i was going to sleep, i hadn't texted him yet, but eventually, i would. i know he had practice soon.

as i was on my personal social media, i was on twitter and saw a picture of me and brock at yesterdays game. the headline was 'purdy's mystery girlfriend?" this is what i didn't want, in the time being i didn't care but now i was tripping out.

i read a few comments, some wondering who i was, some saying i was in it for the money, and some saying him having a love interest would ruin the rest of the season for him. i know it's the last thing i should care about but unfortunately, i cared a little bit. before i could scroll further my dad called me.

"hey, papa! how are you?" i say, i'm so glad he called me.

"hi, my lovely daughter who forgets about her family and forgets to mention her new boyfriend is in the NFL! i'm doing good, how are you?" he says with a sarcastic tone, i roll my eyes playfully.

"first of all, he's not my boyfriend. he's my friend! second of all, i'm good! bout to start getting ready for work." i say

"friends? mama, friends don't hold each other the way he was holding you! i'll be expecting to meet him soon. but anyway, we miss you. take days off work and visit your family. we're only 30 minutes away from you, you know?" he jokes

"i know, i'll try to visit for dinner tonight! i'll let you know," i say, we talk for a couple more minutes before i have to hang up to get ready for work.

"i love you so much! hope to see you later mi niña," he says and i hang up, going over for dinner was a priority i was going to make for today.

i start getting ready for work, once i finish i grab my keys and purse and head over to the training center. they had now one day to practice before they went up against the brooklyn nets.

once i got there, liv & aphrodite were there on the wooden bleachers. i joined them and watched the players walk in before getting our cameras ready. today we were interviewing them and had to keep the video under a minute and thirty seconds. the question was, "if you could give a piece of advice to rookie year YOU, what would you tell them?"

aphy thought of that question, i thought it was pretty good and couldn't wait to hear their responses. we go up and start with hachimura then go to rusell and davis. they all had pretty similar responses.

we finished up with the rest of the players, austin was our last. we finish and let them train. we go to our computers to edit them, transferring all the footage from our phones.

midway i see austin, anthony, & lebron coming up to me. i was a bit shocked, i wondered what they were going to ask me.

"friend, we need to talk! tell us everything that's going on with you and brock purdy." lebron says, i laugh as the big three stand there with a serious face waiting for my answers.

i tell them everything and when i mention they kiss they gasp, a bunch of drama queens, "okay okay and are you texting him right now?" austin asked me, and i shook my head.

"friend what? he's probably stressing about your good morning text right now!" anthony says, i didn't think about it like that.

"guys let's not pressure our amiga, i'm sure she'll text him soon. but, if he wanted to he could've sent that first good morning text too!" lebron says making a very true point. they all agree and talk a bit more with me as i edit the content.

they brought up the pictures they've seen on the nfl and 49ers social media page. i was stressing stressing about those pictures. we finish talking and the content is finished being edited and take our pictures for the page throughout the rest of the day.

after a long day, it was finally 5 p.m. i was heading over to my parent's house for dinner, 30 minutes turned into an hour and 40 minutes. You have to love LA traffic right??

in the meantime i type a message to brock before i erase it, lebron's words got to me, and the phone works both ways. was i overthinking this? i was too much into my thoughts i didn't realize i was already at my parents.

i parked and headed inside, i found my mom in the kitchen cooking and my dad sitting on the kitchen chair, they didn't think i'd show up. she hugs me and my dad hugs me next. i missed my parents so much.

my sister wasn't home, i was bummed out about that. of course, they brought up brock during dinner. i told them about what lebron had told me.

"yes and no, because what if he's on the other side of the phone thinking about texting you but he's overthinking? how do you expect him to know what you want if that was never communicated? this isn't something to talk about on the phone natalia nazareth de dios! you've grown to know what you want. we love you, you'll know what you want to gain from this." he says, he was right, it all made sense.

dinner finished, i helped clean up and headed back to my house. my dad's words kept repeating in my head. when i got home i knew what i needed to do, i'd fly out to him. i'd ask one of the girls for his address. i booked my flight for tomorrow morning.

once i finished i went and lay on my bed, and my phone rang. it was brock, i answered, "hey," i say

"hey, you didn't text me all day so i didn't know if you were okay or not. i was going to text you but was overthinking and thought i should text you when you weren't working so i could have your undivided attention." he finished his sentence with a chuckle.

"i'm glad you called me, i missed you," i say, this man had this effect on me it was driving me insane.

"i miss you too, we also have to talk you know? but we can plan that. i just really wanted to hear your voice. i know it's been a day but i do miss you. and your kisses." he says, now i was the one who let out a laugh.

"well have to plan when to meet up! maybe i'll go on friday so we can spend the weekend together," i say

"you can't come earlier?" he asks, i lie and tell him no, i'd have to go to work.

"so the weekend? okay then. but anyway, how was your day? tell me everything, no details left out." he says

i tell him about the morning phone call i had with my dad's work and the stuff we filmed today, about dinner with my parents, i mention how i've just been missing my family so much even though they're 30 minutes away. i express how much i miss my sister. we used to be so close until i moved out and she grew up on her own, has her friends.

"darling, i feel like you're overthinking. your sister will always love you, siblings go their ways but the love remains. have you made plans with her? ask her to hang out. actually, why not invite her to the game this sunday?? she should come!" he says, this took a whole 360, i think to myself.

it would be nice for me to hang out with andrea, bringing her to a football game wasn't a bad idea.

"yeah, you're right! i'll fly her out with me. can she stay with us too?" i ask, i know he has his teammates as roommates, but wasn't sure if they had any room. i didn't mind booking her a hotel room.

"yes, we have an extra room. i'll set it up for her. i'm meeting my future sister-in-law." he jokes, or at least i think he is.

"mmmh yeah we'll talk about this soon. about us." i say, he agrees. we continue talking for another hour until i start to get sleepy. he tells me good night as do i & i click.

i put my phone to charge and get comfortable before shutting my eyes.

a/n:
another chapter! i'm finally going to sleep lol.

- daya ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚