fourteen ✬

it was my birthday today, november 13. brock was in town, he was driving my car over to my parent's house. my parents make a cake for me every year, strawberry cake, it was my favorite.

this was also the first time brock was meeting my parents. he made it seem as if he wasn't nervous but i know he was shitting bricks. being in a relationship with brock purdy for already a month... i knew that man from head to toe & vice versa.

no matter how much we were busy with work we always made time for each other. Whether it was a phone call or same-day travels to each other we always made it work. i truly love this man with all of me.

today for my birthday he took me out to breakfast and gave me heartwarming gifts from him, and gifts sent from his siblings and parents. he knows i don't like much attention, especially on my birthday, birthdays are overrated.

he parked the car in front of my parent's house, we got off and knocked on the door. andrea answered the door and hugged us both, we entered and met my parents in the kitchen. brock held my hand the entire time, i could feel his hands start to sweat.

my parents hugged me and wished me a happy birthday, i looked over at brock, "mom this is my loving boyfriend-"

"natalia por favor, we know who he is. finally, you bring him around." my dad cuts me off and hugs brock along with my mom.

"so nice to meet you, mijo. welcome to our home, glad you could be here to celebrate our baby" my mom says and my dad stands behind her.

"thank you for welcoming me into your house mr & mrs de dios. i wouldn't ever miss natalia's birthday," he says, i smile at him.

"call me jose," my dad says and pulls him to the living room as he begins to ask him questions about the nfl.

me, andrea & my mom were in the kitchen and laughed at how excited my dad was, i was enjoying this so much. everything was going so far so good. my mom pulls out the cake she made from the fridge.

"natalia, when are you going to tell him that you're leaving the lakers to move up there with him?" she questions me

yes, after a while i chose to leave the lakers. yes, me and brock made it work while being far distanced but the traveling got me a bit tired but i love him so i continued with it. but then i realized i loved him too much, i should be near him.

i didn't ever think i'd be leaving the lakers, i loved my soon-to-be former job so much but i love brock more, and being an nfl girlfriend was tough. on the games they lost, it was stressful and me being 8 hours away wasn't as helpful.

i didn't apply to any jobs just yet, just knew i'd be leaving. i look back at my mom and andrea who told me i had to tell him tonight. really, on my birthday? i guess.

"yes, mami. i'll tell him tonight," i said, she called in my dad and brock, we were cutting the cake soon.

my mom put the cake in front of me, and they all took out their phones even my boyfriend, and began to sing to me. they finished and i blew out the candles, thanking god for another year of life.

my mom sliced up the cake, it was so delicious. i was going to miss having my mom nearby. but, i know she and my dad and sister were so happy for me.

they started walking to the living room but i stopped brock, grabbed his arm, and walked to my old bedroom which was now a guest bedroom. he was confused, i shut the door and he sat on the bed.

"nat, baby? really? at your parent's house?" he jokes along with a smirk, i roll my eyes and let out a laugh, i sit next to him.

i grab his hand, "baby, would it be easier if i was closer to you? like up there in san francisco?" i ask, he turns his body to me.

"of course, but i know how much you love it here and how much you love your job. i would never ask you to leave, we make it work and we always will," he tells me

"yeah brock but i love you way more, way more than any city or any job. so, i have decided to part ways with the lakers. i want to be there for you. i want to be there for you after a losing game, after a game victory, when you have your days, i want to be there through it all. i started looking at places but no luck yet. but my last day with the lakers is november 21st." i say

"why would you look for a place? you'll clearly be living with me. my nani girl, i love you so much. i know how you entire life has been here so you making this sacrifice for me means the world to me. i cannot thank you enough. although i feel bad, i know you wouldn't have made this choice if you really didn't want to. i love you, i promise i'm dedicating this entire season to you. i'm winning that ring for us." he says, i laugh at his comment at the end, he better hope he does win that ring.

we got up from the bed and walked back to the living, they figured i had already told him so they immediately hugged us. my dad goes over to brock, "she must love you, man, that's my first and my forever baby girl, please take care of her." my dad says

"i will, i promise you she'll forever be good," he says, brock then hugs my sister and mom.

we stayed a little longer then i started getting a little tired, i told them we were heading out and they walked us out to the car. my mom then tells me she's going over to help me back sometime this week. we say our goodbyes then drive back to my place.

the entire car ride brock held my hand, like okay can this sacrifice earn me birthday sex?? in all seriousness i know i made the right choice. if you would've told me a year ago what i'm currently doing she'd try to knock you out.

he parks in my parking spot and we walk up to my front door, he closes the door behind him. i try to walk to the kitchen and i felt him tug on my arm.

"so are we having birthday sex or what?" he gets straight to the point, i smirk at him, i'd had been thinking about this the entire day.

i grab his arm and we jog to my room, i close the door behind us. not too bad of a birthday this year.

a/n: sorry it took me a while to update! i've been working nonstop but i'm off sunday and monday so i'll be uploading back to-back! thank you guys!!

- daya °❤︎°