˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖ thirteen ˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

if i was being completely honest, so far me and brock were doing a great job and this long distance. we talked on the phone and texted every day. he had practice and i had work back to back and we were pretty good at communicating that. except for the fact that i didn't tell him i was going to his game, but in my defense, i was just trying to surprise him. i had told his roommate nick, i was going so he was able to get me into the suite.

today was monday, i was in denver. it was one in the afternoon and the game had just started. today i was courtside filming and taking videos. midway through halftime, i went to the media room, to see how the videos and pictures were coming out. the pictures and videos were posted immediately.

the game ended with the nuggets taking the win, they were a really good team. i packed up my camera and headed with the guys under the tunnel. i know they were exhausted after this game, they had the next day to rest before they headed to practice.

i was trying to move around to get my stuff, i had already checked out of my hotel and my stuff was ready to go. i was following austin since he had told me to leave it by his station in the locker room. i was waiting for him to bring it, and once he did he hugged me and wished me a safe flight, it was now 3:10 pm.

"natalia, where are you going now?" anthony davis asks me, he was walking with de'angelo rusell.

"my man has a game today, i need to make it over there," i say, he laughs and rushes over to hug me.

"i love seeing you happy nani, wishing him a good game. have a safe flight. let us know if you need anything," he said, i thanked him and walked out.

i had ordered an uber to take me to the airport, it was about a 15-minute drive, luckily the airport wasn't too crowded. i boarded my plane and by the time we took off it was 4:30 pm. it was an hour and a 30-minute flight from denver.

i scrolled on my phone, ate, watched a short film, and even took a little power nap. by the time we landed in minnesota it was 7 pm due to the extra hour time change. i got my luggage and walked outside, i ordered another uber, and he got me to the us bank stadium in 16 minutes. i was meeting claire in the parking lot since she was the only wag who traveled. she was going to put my luggage in her rental car in the meantime.

i got out of the car and walked to the parking lot, i immediately saw claire, "hi, nani! how was your flight? he's going to be so happy to see you." she said and hugged me, i told her about my flight and how i got lucky there was no traffic. i put my luggage in the car and then began to walk inside the stadium.

we made it right on time up the suite, the players were getting ready to start playing. i wasn't wearing anything special with his number on it. i was wearing denim jeans and a black lakers windbreaker with my white and silver golden goose sneakers. i had makeup and my hair straightened from this morning.

i didn't text him as much today, i felt bad but hey, i'm here, literally. i know he wasn't going to be looking up at the suite anytime soon.

°༺❤︎༻°₊ 。

during the last quarter of the game, george kittle saw his wife, she waved at him and then pointed at me. his face dropped and he ran to his teammate, number 13. kittle pointed up to me and brock stood there confused until he saw me in the suite. i saw that smile that i missed so much, i waved and him and blew him a kiss.

they finished off the last quarter and the vikings soon by 5 points. afterwards, me and claire ran down to the field to help me catch brock before he had to go into the locker room.

i see him barely coming through under the tunnel, i walk over to him and hug him. he drops his helmet and spins me around, i kiss those lips that i missed so much.

"my girl, i have no words. thank you for coming to watch me play. i love you, i love you, i love you. i'll see you after, okay?" he kisses me one last time before he heads to the locker room.

nick bosa passes by me and gives me a high five, "friend, i'm so glad you're here. he was getting miserable as time went by." he said, i let out a laugh. till this day i still couldn't take his voice seriously.

i waited with claire for our men to come out, in the meantime i had claire take a quick picture of me in my lakers gear to post on instagram.

brock and george soon walked out, brock said he was skipping his end-of-game press conference. he grabs my hand and we walk towards his rental, i tell him about my stuff being in claire's car. we walked over to claire and george grabbed my luggage for me.

"that was something big, what you did. young love." george says, i laugh, me and george were only four years apart and he makes it seem like he is way older. i say my goodbyes and let brock grab my luggage.

we get in the car and he drives to his hotel, the usual, he was holding my hand the entire time.

"thank you for coming, i know i keep telling you that but i want you to know it means a lot. to have to work and catch a flight and rush over to show up on time to watch me play... god i- just- i love you so much it's crazy," he says, i caress his hand.

we get to the hotel and he takes down my luggage, he walks a front of me and i snap a quick picture to post later. we entered his room, i was extremely exhausted. we both changed into something comfortable, we laid down and just appreciated each other's presence. he had his arms wrapped around me, this was all so perfect. we both soon drifted off to sleep.

°༺❤︎༻°₊ 。

i had woken up around 7 a.m. and didn't bother waking him up, he needed all the rest he could get. instead, i just laid there was his arms still around me, thinking.

i know i'm just his girlfriend and i'm not supposed to go to every game but it just felt like i needed to, it's the least i could do. seeing how the lakers game conflicted with brock's game, and how i had to catch two flights on the same day, i'm not saying i minded but it was a bit of a struggle. i know it wasn't a month but i couldn't help but wonder if i should find a job up in san francisco.

i could maybe see if i could transfer to the warriors social media team or the 49ers? it was always a bad idea to work where your partner works so transferring to the warriors sounded better. i could ask to only work home games. i traveled a lot with the lakers because that was pre relationship me.

me and brock didn't have to live together, i could get my own place over there. just felt like this would all be easier if i was near him. this was a huge sacrifice so i had to think it through, my moms' words replayed in my head.

i wanted to do this, not for him but for us. snapping back to reality, brock was still asleep, and being in my head for that long made me sleepy, i ended up falling back asleep in his arms.

i needed to make a choice.

°༺❤︎༻°₊ 。

a/n: the thirteenth chapter in honor of our favorite player who wears 13 proudly! finally heading to sleep, goodnight. thank you all for the support, love you!

- daya ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

gold rush ☆ brock purdyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara